VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmjunkin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I hope this is not old news but I just checked the Dish website and it has been updated with the new HD. Only 5 Voom channels are now listed under HD Ultimate. They are Kung Fu, Monsters, Rave, Rush, and Equator. I think Voom is about to be downsized.

Rave is the only one I ever really watch, so if it's staying, then I'm cool with it as long as they replace the ones they take down with new national HD.

Shouldn't HD Ultimate have all the Voom (& other HD) channels?

It also say under the DIShHD tab that it includes New favorites from Voom. I am telling you something is up. We all know about the lawsuit. I bet they are just going to keep the most popular channels and the rest are history.

It also say under the DIShHD tab that it includes New favorites from Voom. I am telling you something is up. We all know about the lawsuit. I bet they are just going to keep the most popular channels and the rest are history.

how can kung fu hd be one of the most populars?

Given VOOM's programming lately, 5 channels could probably carry all their current content. Given the information in the lawsuit, it appears obvious that VOOM is not working as a business venture, and is losing a ton of cash. Reducing down to 5 channels probably will probably help that problem since no one else seems interested in carrying all 15 channels.

It is a win for Dish too, 10 more national channel spaces open up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts