VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting. Is the BD release of rescue Me season 3 in HD or just SD?
I'm still trying to get better info on The Shield and Rescue Me since they do have BD releases BUT there have been other shows that were shown in SD that have been released on BD in 4:3 format too.

Burn Notice is supposed to be HD in the upcoming new season.

Burn Notice is a good show. I don't watch that many ongoing series. It sounds funny, I pay $140 a month, but only watch a handful of new ongoing stuff.

Heres my letter to, well, who ever doesn't give a sh*t.( ceo@dishnetwork.com)

As a loyal paying dish customer WITH top tier service I am appalled that you took away the voom channels.

Those channels set dish apart from the competition.

I enjoyed MONSTER, RAVE AND EQUATOR. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS????

How and why was this done???

I am a VERY unhappy customer.

I am contemplating leaving your service. I have been with you since 2002.

I need an answer on your part.

Joel

Has a network ever been off the air for 6 months and then came back to life?

I'm not sure what Charlie has in mind with his 20% but I think a write-off is coming. Dish Network is already taking a hit for increased churn and reduced new subs so by doing this now, he will not take the hit later. Get the losses over with now and see what happens.

Well, Cablevision still has the full VOOM suite of channels on its systems, so the channels are all being carried by the majority owner of VOOM. No idea if that carriage agreement gets renewed, as it is set to expire June 30th. I can't recall off the top of my head a channel being completely off its only national distributor only to be added back, someone post it if it has happened in the past. If Charlie has had enough of VOOM, perhaps he will try and get Cablevision to take the 20% stake he has & call it a day or sell it to someone else. Or just take a write-off as you suggest.

NEW episodes in July!!!!!! I hope they're in HD.. I thought I was the only one who watched that show.

it should be taking off that list. I do not watch it myself just tried for the heck of it to see what it was. In that list is that Dexter from showtime?

So Dish thinks Chiller is the comperable replacement for Monsters? What a joke! Chiller's great if you like watching 10 minute long infomercials in-between your edited SD version of a movie. I only joined Dish becuse of Voom... Sigh...

RAVE and Animanai had content you couldn't see anywhere else. RAVE had some very good concerts and the SoundStage series was great. They actually featured some artists who are talented and not the crap you get from MTV and those like them.

Anaimania had some pretty cool French/Canadian stuff and some cool series (like Captain Scarlett) the other cartoon networks don't have. My family will definitely miss those channels. I'll drop them a line, but I doubt it'll help.

it should be taking off that list. I do not watch it myself just tried for the heck of it to see what it was. In that list is that Dexter from showtime?
It's a great show, IMO. A different kind of, well, I can't really categorize it. But if you've never watched it, it may be, it WOULD be tough to catch up. I guess that holds true for most shows, though, doesn't it? Never mind.:eek:

RAVE and Animanai had content you couldn't see anywhere else. RAVE had some very good concerts and the SoundStage series was great. They actually featured some artists who are talented and not the crap you get from MTV and those like them.

Anaimania had some pretty cool French/Canadian stuff and some cool series (like Captain Scarlett) the other cartoon networks don't have. My family will definitely miss those channels. I'll drop them a line, but I doubt it'll help.
You're pretty much right. I called and they told me some new channels were coming but gave no date (obviously) or any other info. They just said they'd forward it at my request.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)