VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We are quoting DBSTALK stats here? Ha! They are all D* fans, how could you filter those out of the voting?

The poll here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/135347-revised-poll-voom-gone-what-now.html, shows 65% are disappointed or unhappy and only 35% didn't care or were fine with Voom going away.

As for only 35% calling Dish to complain - that only means that 35% were so mad that even thugh they knew that calling India was useless, they did it anyway.

If you were to poll on your favorite channels, you would find even fewer people actually watch them.
Thats Fine, You see it one way I see it another ,Nothing wrong with that.

"viable" means just one thing: At this point in time can a company release a video on either BluRay or HD-DVD (not both, only one or the other) and expect a decent profit either way.

If dishnetwork does not bring back Voom I am canceling!

Voom was the sole reason for us to join dishnetwork! If they do not bring back Voom we will definately cancel dishnetwork. These guys are idiots! They added the weather channel and some cartoon in HD and think that is an improvement? There is virtually no good HD content on dishnetwork now that Voom is gone!

PS I pay $127 a month for their everything package and guess what directv charges 99 for the same with dvr, HD, local channels. Dishnetwork please bring back Voom or we and I am sure many will cancel our subscription. :mad:

Nice summation

Voom was the sole reason for us to join dishnetwork! If they do not bring back Voom we will definately cancel dishnetwork. These guys are idiots! They added the weather channel and some cartoon in HD and think that is an improvement? There is virtually no good HD content on dishnetwork now that Voom is gone!

PS I pay $127 a month for their everything package and guess what directv charges 99 for the same with dvr, HD, local channels. Dishnetwork please bring back Voom or we and I am sure many will cancel our subscription. :mad:

This really makes me think more about dropping E* if in a month or two they don't replace the Voom channels (primarily RAVE). Because I would be able to save enuff on my bill to pay the up front fee.

Save 10 bucks a month and drop to the HD essentials package then. As far as HD channels go, the channels that E* has are mostly the same that D* or cable has. Sounds to me you won't be happy with any provider you choose.

Math skills

Save 10 bucks a month and drop to the HD essentials package then. As far as HD channels go, the channels that E* has are mostly the same that D* or cable has. Sounds to me you won't be happy with any provider you choose.

It seems to me that your math skills need working on. His price shows that the diff is 28 per month not a measly 10. Besides if we drop the AEP we wind up paying in other ways. We get all the HD channels including all the prems. The other way the prems cost us more. I wound up going to the AEP due to the fact it was only a few $$ diff once I had the pack I needed and added the movie channels.

HD Pack - $30
MegaMovie (HBO/Sho/Cinemax/Starz) - $40
Locals - $5
Encore - $5
---------------------
HD Pack + all movie channels & locals = $80

Add DVR Fees $7 for each HD $6 for each SD

Add $5 for each additional receiver.

--------

AEP+Locals - $100
HD Ultimate - $20
---------------------------
AEP + All HD = $120

There is the difference in cost....

See ya
Tony

Some have to have the SD

HD Pack - $30
MegaMovie (HBO/Sho/Cinemax/Starz) - $40
Locals - $5
Encore - $5
---------------------
HD Pack + all movie channels & locals = $80

Add DVR Fees $7 for each HD $6 for each SD

--------

AEP+Locals - $100
HD Ultimate - $20
---------------------------
AEP + All HD = $120

There is the difference in cost....

See ya
Tony

Am I wrong or doesn't some of the HD channels still depend on one receiving the SD version in another pack?

It seems to me that your math skills need working on. His price shows that the diff is 28 per month not a measly 10.

Yes, but he was using a different example. His math skills are fine.

EDIT- wait,never mind, I see what you're saying. BUT, I doubt DirecTV charges $99 for what he's paying $127 for. DirecTV has introductory pricing on their website. When I tried to price DirecTV based on what it's going to cost after the introductory price expires, it was always the same price or higher.

So does the HD Only (HD Absolute) include all of the HD channels one gets with HD Ultimate?

If one subs to HD Only plus locals plus Megamovie, does one end up with every HD channel that you get with AEP plus HD Ultimate?

I can't find this info on Dish's web pages.

The answer is yes and no! You would
get all the "Full-time" HD channels Dish offers.......but would not have access to the "Part-time" RSN HD feed available in some markets.

Good for you :up

Once my local Comcast gets Sci-Fi HD I may do the same. Without Voom there's nothing holding me to dish anymore

And I will get Local Philly sports via comcast sportsnet again.

And get the worst DVR there is. :eek: Plus Comcast is doing the 3 pack overcompression shuffle. :eek: :eek: They're going to have to fix both of those before I'll consider going to Comcast.

Today is just another day without Voom and even though we are all still complaining it just shows how wrong it is for a company that people like myself defended, take away so many channels and say that the channels they added are just as good when they have hardly any HD. I am very hurt by Dish. I just dont think they care, but if they bring back Voom new and improved then I will say I was wrong and they do care.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts