VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I patiently play the waiting game, seeing as I'm stuck in a two year contract with Dish. But I'll be honest, I doubt I see Voom return to a different national pay TV provider before that time is up.

I still miss VOOM, too. It was the most significant product that distinguished Dish from Direct.

I think I miss RAVE the most, but would still like to have some of the other channels. I don't think about it much because it just makes me sad we lost them. I think dish really had something here if they would just advertised them a little more.

I think I miss RAVE the most, but would still like to have some of the other channels. I don't think about it much because it just makes me sad we lost them. I think dish really had something here if they would just advertised them a little more.

Yesterday my inlaws were over for a visit. They have Cablevision with HD so they have Voom.

It seems MonstersHD is just about the most watched channel in the house. AnimainiaHD, VoomHD Movies, GameplayHD, RaveHD and RushHD are watched fairly often as well.

So much for Dish's claim of "channels you never heard of". They are in fact very popular to those who can get them.

I miss Voom and I miss Nehru jackets and I miss Leisure Suits. I don't think I will get either of them back on Dish. Why don't we just let them die and cherish their memory?

I miss Voom and I miss Nehru jackets and I miss Leisure Suits. I don't think I will get either of them back on Dish. Why don't we just let them die and cherish their memory?

Apparently VOOM is not about to die since all of those predictions of VOOM's demise once they've been removed from Dish seem to have been greatly exaggerated. having said that I now feel VOOM will reappear at some point in the future. However, when and where VOOM shows up and in what manifestation is anybody's guess.

I still desperately miss Voom. TV has not been the same for me since E* removed it.

and I frackin HATE commercials. Hate, hate, hate...

Cablevision & Voom News from Dolan

Dolan: ‘Cablevision not for sale’ | Print | Forward Chris Forrester, on 21-09-2008
voom.jpg
Speaking at last week’s Goldman Sachs “Communicopia” media conference, Cablevision CEO James Dolan said he no longer expected to be looking to sell the company’s cable networks. This is a u-turn on market comments barely a month ago, and reflected current market conditions. However, that decision does not apply to Rainbow’s VOOM HDTV division.

Referring specifically to Voom, Dolan said Cablevision, the USA’s fifth largest MSO which is widely available in and around New York and the North East of the USA, continued to mull its options for the future of the HDTV cluster of channels. Voom is busy rolling out services overseas at an impressive rate, but is now only available at home to Cablevision viewers, having lost carriage on Echostar’s DISH Network.

Dolan was asked if his family could try to take Cablevision private again after previous failed attempts. "I would never completely rule it out, but at this time it's not really on our radar," Dolan added, saying that his top priority amid the market turmoil is to manage the company's debt. "Today I think you need to be concerned about your debt first," he told conference delegates. ”The shutdown of the credit markets makes the purchase of assets and the sale of assets less likely,” suggesting that the first set of assets to be sold would be the firm’s movie theatres.

© Rapid TV News 2008

I patiently play the waiting game, seeing as I'm stuck in a two year contract with Dish. But I'll be honest, I doubt I see Voom return to a different national pay TV provider before that time is up.
If you have not yet, make sure you send a CEO email letting Dish know how you feel.

My emails all contained the same theme:

Dish might have dropped VOOM without advance warning, but Dish Net knows when I will drop Dish - on the last day of my two year contract.

I've said twice, the last two day in a row, how much I miss Monsters HD.

I would not have revived this thread to say that, but I sure glad the rest of you guys did.

It Cablevision is looking at selling Voom, I'm not sure if there realistically is a future for them (unless there is a buyer out there).

Boy I miss Monsters HD!!!

I just posted this thread about FiOS TV getting ready to launch a VOOM-like package of 6 HD channels: Cars.tv, Pets.tv, Comedy.tv, MyDestination.tv, Es.tv, and Recipe.tv

...“Verizon saw us as a way of making a strong statement to the consumers that we are first in class in terms of having terrific HD content and HD networks,” Allen said. “They’re going to use us very well to acquire customers who are pet lovers and car lovers and want another food network and want another comedy channel and travel channel and want choices and options.”

VOOM may be dead-in-the-water on Dish Network, but they can still be had by Verizon...if the price is right!

I did miss talking about Voom, Halloween is comming and I dont have MonstersHD this really stinks. I just hope they go somewhere I can get them I dont care where.

Add me to the 'losers who miss voom' thread. I originally bought DISH for my parents and we'd drive (10 hours) to visit them and the kids LOVED watching Flipper & other shows. It was such a treat..they really looked forward to going to 'grandma & grandad's' house to watch the great shows on VOOM.

It seems they really had a premium product (content repeats notwithstanding) and after buying DISH myself and watching "friends" in stretch-o-vision on TBS-HD I realized just how much I missed the quality & clarity of those 24/7 HD channels.

Not crying a river, but I was plenty mad when I found out it was gone. We had gone to visit earlier this year and the dvr had 'rotated out' all the great Flippers & stuff with new junk that had replaced it.

Here's to the pig honking the horn. :cheers:

Add me to the 'losers who miss voom' thread. I originally bought DISH for my parents and we'd drive (10 hours) to visit them and the kids LOVED watching Flipper & other shows. It was such a treat..they really looked forward to going to 'grandma & grandad's' house to watch the great shows on VOOM.

It seems they really had a premium product (content repeats notwithstanding) and after buying DISH myself and watching "friends" in stretch-o-vision on TBS-HD I realized just how much I missed the quality & clarity of those 24/7 HD channels.

Not crying a river, but I was plenty mad when I found out it was gone. We had gone to visit earlier this year and the dvr had 'rotated out' all the great Flippers & stuff with new junk that had replaced it.

Rumor has it that Att is getting Voom. I hope its true. Im waiting for it to happen.
I have Att and Im just waiting for the anouncement.
But, as you know, nothing in this world is guaranteed.

I have missed the suit of Voom. Tv is so hum drum. Not the same. Voom gave me a reason to turn the set on..

Ok, guys, get ready for the usual suspects to start bashing Voom.
Please just ignor them.

Thanks for starting this thread! Long Live VOOM!

This is so true. Also lets start a Losers who miss Voom thread lol.

No UltraHD... we miss that one the most. Still liked Treasure and Equator from time to time.

never, ever, ever watched monsters.

Dish never intended a long term relationship with the Dolans. Charlie only wanted the new VOOM satellite at 61.5* to back up the aging bird Dish already had at that orbital slot.

In short Charlie used James Dolan to get what he wanted then dumped him on the side of the road like a bag of trash.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts