VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could just be status of depositions. Perhaps one side or the other is having difficulty with people appearing to be deposed.

If Voom really was "evaluating different strategies and plans for Voom's domestic business", they would have split up the channels ages ago. That makes me doubt they are up to anything other than putting a positive spin on a press release.

I doubt they could give DirecTV Voom for free for distribution. That would certainly not look good to a judge in the Dish-Voom lawsuit.

Anyone think Dish might use Voom's failure as an argument in court that Voom would have failed anyway, even with continued Dish distribution?
I don't know...but Rainbow really had no other choice but to shuttle VOOM since they have elected to pursue the lawsuit first and foremost; They want to prove that Dish Network's termination of the affiliation agreement killed VOOM, which was the basis of their complaint. If VOOM wins the case, it could make the Tivo verdict look like chump change. Conversely, if Rainbow Media were to come out with new HD programming/channels, I don't know how this would be perceived and evaluated by a judge or jury since Rainbow had a long history as a successful cable programmer: AMC, IFC, WE, etc.

In any case, if Rainbow elects to market new products and services, they can do so since they will be operating outside of the VOOM space.

I miss Rave, Equator, Ultra, World Cinema and Rush. However, what's done is done. Hopefully, Dish and Rainbow can come to the table and offer us We, IFC and AMC HD.

Great Job Charlie Ergen...

I Had hope for dish untill i saw that voom is going mia ...Great way to piss off your paying customers at dish and stab your self in the foot at the same time by killing your stock at Rainbow.. Cant wate to see what the new year brings if direct gets some sort of Monster HD chanel 24/7 movies from past and curent un cut/sensored im out and im taking my $134 sub with me. True i havent payed for any of my HD programing since you killed Voom off as im credited for $20 each month. But thats all on you charlie i forsee a dark time for dish in this your time of need..

By the way, VOOM has signed another content production deal a few days ago:

NEWS BRIEF: US-based Voom HD Holdings and Infinite Frameworks (IFW) have signed a deal to coproduce up to US$20m worth of high-definition programming over the next five years.

Both companies will invest up to US$10m each on production at IFW's Singapore production facility, under a deal that spans sports, lifestyle and arts programming.

C21Media:

I don't get it...if Voom is completely Boom...than what was this all about?
:confused:

Great Job Charlie Ergen...

I Had hope for dish untill i saw that voom is going mia ...Great way to piss off your paying customers at dish and stab your self in the foot at the same time by killing your stock at Rainbow.. Cant wate to see what the new year brings if direct gets some sort of Monster HD chanel 24/7 movies from past and curent un cut/sensored im out and im taking my $134 sub with me. True i havent payed for any of my HD programing since you killed Voom off as im credited for $20 each month. But thats all on you charlie i forsee a dark time for dish in this your time of need..

Yes. I'm sure the self made Billionaire went in with the idea of blowing his 20% stake in Voom just because he hated it. Right. I wasn't because many of his customers were getting tired of paying for stale HD programming on Voom, with new customers prefering the mainstream HD options on DirecTV instead of the obscure Voom on Dish. I'm sure all that had nothing to do with it. Chariel just likes to throw away his own money is much more reasonable.

And Charile would have kept Monsters HD. It's Voom that said all or nothing. I'm tied of everyone blaming Charlie for Voom not breaking up their channels.

Yes. I'm sure the self made Billionaire went in with the idea of blowing his 20% stake in Voom just because he hated it. Right. I wasn't because many of his customers were getting tired of paying for stale HD programming on Voom, with new customers prefering the mainstream HD options on DirecTV instead of the obscure Voom on Dish. I'm sure all that had nothing to do with it. Chariel just likes to throw away his own money is much more reasonable.

And Charile would have kept Monsters HD. It's Voom that said all or nothing. I'm tied of everyone blaming Charlie for Voom not breaking up their channels.

Charlies a poker player...every so often someone calls his bluff and he...well..."doesn't win"...:)

unfortunately in this case, there were no winners...

Last edited:
I don't get it...if Voom is completely Boom...than what was this all about?
:confused:

Maybe it is that they are producing it overseas. Or the fact that the link you are referencing was over a week before Voom decided to shut down the domestic operations? I really am not sure

business is a funny thing...

I wonder if that means that they may relauch as channels under rainbow as opposed to just being Voom...

Then Dish may have a suit against them. I don't think you can just relaunch under a different name just to get rid of someone who owns 20% of your company.

Then Dish may have a suit against them. I don't think you can just relaunch under a different name just to get rid of someone who owns 20% of your company.

Companies do it all the time. Ask former GM management the steps they took to get rid of Ross Perot in the 80's. Rainbow owns 80% of Voom and likely a significant controlling stake.

Like I said, hopefully Dish and Rainbow can come to the table. Some of the stronger Voom channels can relaunch as non-Voom under Rainbow. (It totally wouldn't surprise me if this happened.) (In addition to the five Dish picked, Ultra should also make the cut.)

Like I said, hopefully Dish and Rainbow can come to the table. Some of the stronger Voom channels can relaunch as non-Voom under Rainbow. (It totally wouldn't surprise me if this happened.) (In addition to the five Dish picked, Ultra should also make the cut.)
I hope this doesn't Happen. I will drop E* as fast as I can if VOOM is the Next BIG HD channel launch.:mad: E* took the trash out and now its gone for good.

I hope this doesn't Happen. I will drop E* as fast as I can if VOOM is the Next BIG HD channel launch.:mad: E* took the trash out and now its gone for good.
Since VOOM was a SatelliteGuys sponsor, you should be outraged and feel compelled to leave SatelliteGuys...and vow never to return. It's a win-win situation since you will no longer be "forced" to read VOOM threads, and you will be helping SatelliteGuys by taking out our trash.;)

Since VOOM was a SatelliteGuys sponsor, you should be outraged and feel compelled to leave SatelliteGuys;)
Because Voom went Belly up? Let me see VOOMs SatelliteGuys membership card. I didn't see Voom on the proud sponsers list . Guess I missed it.:rolleyes:
Yes the Dropping of Voom just hurt SatellitesGuys so badly.;)
And what do you care you have Fios.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts