VOOM Guy Poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

subdude212

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
MA
He may have popped up during one of your favorite programs or maybe you've see the commercial for the VOOM Guy. Now is your chance to let everyone know how much you like him.

This poll is a good idea. Something tells me the voting trend isn't going to change much! Maybe VOOM will see this as well as the other threads about the "guide guy" and get rid of it.

The Voom Guy is dumb. But if that's as intrusive as they get, I have no complaints. At least he's quiet and disappears after a few seconds. I vote "Who Cares?" :sleeo

How many of you complaining about the Voom Guy are willing to watch network TV with disruptive commercials?? :down

Not me. I avoid network TV like the plague (except for sports). The commercials are a big part of the reason, but the writing on the majority of shows is horrible. Almost every time I try to watch one, I can predict what's going to happen. It's amazing how my family and friends sit riveted watching these shows without a clue as to what's coming next. They get mad at me because I tend to blurt out the twists or surprises before they happen. You can just tell when they're setting something up. They're "formula" plots and subplots with easily identifiable patterns that get recycled over and over.

But I digress...

You're right about commercials though. If I had to choose, I'd take the guide guy over network commercials any day. That's why I have VOOM. :)

ChetK said:
Can someone inform me?: Who is the Voom Guy?

He is a little pop-up guy who appears in the lower corner of your screen and tells you what is playing on another channel. He appears most frequently on RAVE.

As for the poll--it should really only have two choices, STAY or GO. A choice of Who Cares can be made by not voting, and the people who want a sharp stick in their eye?? I'd say that was an emphatic NO, but a no nonetheless.

The Stone Man said:
As for the poll--it should really only have two choices, STAY or GO. A choice of Who Cares can be made by not voting, and the people who want a sharp stick in their eye?? I'd say that was an emphatic NO, but a no nonetheless.
Oh brother, make your own poll and word it in any humorless way you want, sheesh. :rolleyes:

This place needs a little levity every once and a while. :D

I haven't seen him, but from the sounds of it, he needs to go. Even a small popup is huge on my screen.
EDIT: Finally saw the bastard: Kill him Voom, he's obnoxious, obtrusive and on my big screen, is not little. Get rid of him.

Ok I finally seen him today and I have a great idea , Lets ask Voom to give us a light gun to hook upto the stb so we can shoot at him like on the old Duck Hunt game.

I say move the Voomguy to DivineHD & get a scantily clad VaVaVoomgal. (Incidentally this is just my juvenile attempt at non-PC humor). :)

LOBO2999 said:
Ok I finally seen him today and I have a great idea , Lets ask Voom to give us a light gun to hook upto the stb so we can shoot at him like on the old Duck Hunt game.

Man you had me laughing like crazy.... :haha

I just saw the actual VOOM Guide Guy. Not just his head but him.... I make me laugh that we all want to chop his head off from VOOM.

I saw him too. Give me a break! VOOM feels they need to have him explain the purpose of his head when it shows up on our screens!!!! It's getting even more ridiculous!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)