Voom Hopes HDTV Will Boom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
New satellite service promises more choices for HDTV owners

12/04/03
This is the dilemma of high-definition television: People will buy HDTV sets when there is enough programming, and networks will provide HDTV programming when enough people have bought HDTV sets.

The people at Voom, a direct-broadcast satellite service, are betting they have the solution to the dilemma: 39 HDTV channels, 21 of them unique to the company, which began limited service in October.

Hardware for the service costs $749; programming charges begin at $39.90 a month. Subscribers will not be charged for a subscription until an introductory period ends on Jan. 31, when those 39 HDTV channels will be operating fully.

http://www.cleveland.com/living/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/living/1070534229132500.xml

I thought they extended the free preview period. They need to get hardware prices down. You can probably get a 921 for about the same cost or a little more if you are a new subscriber to Dish Network getting the system discount on Free Dish with free installation and a second receiver included.

Stargazer said:
I thought they extended the free preview period. They need to get hardware prices down. You can probably get a 921 for about the same cost or a little more if you are a new subscriber to Dish Network getting the system discount on Free Dish with free installation and a second receiver included.

and have almost no HD......forget that, I will go with Voom

What he said.

JaydeeD said:
Stargazer said:

and have almost no HD......forget that, I will go with Voom

It is going to take time and this is the early stages of a boom. When prices drop you will see more of a boom. This will lead to more content which will lead to more customers. Someone has to start it somewhere and spark it to get it going quicker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)