Voom in Utah?

piperut

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I live in Farmington, Utah.
I recently had Voom installed.
I love the PQ on the HD channels.
I have an Akai 55 inch rear projection TV.

I would like to see the Voom Channels not loop the same programs so much.
I would also like to see more regional sports coverage.
I would also like to see more HD channels.

I hope they add the BBC soon.

We have had Dish for 5 years, and we were fairly happy with them until we purchased an HDTV. Before that we had a BUD, and then everything started getting scrambled on the BUD C-band channels.

When we purchased our house in 1986, the cable company said it would be two years before they would be able to hook up our house. It was actually 4 years before they came knocking on the door saying "We have installed cable in your area..." I said go away. I won't have cable now because of this.

Anyway, we put Dish on a 6 temp. shut down thing... so if Voom doesn't work out we could go back. I sure hope Voom works out.

roland

I forgot to mention -

I did not go through sears to have it installed. I also did not order direct from Voom. I called Moe at Advanced Solutions in Odgen. He was listed on Voom's Website as being a Voom dealer, and the guy at Best Satellite said Moe did a good job intalling systems.

We did have to put the Voom dish in a different place on the house then I expected because of the location of the Rainbow1 Satellite. I had some trees in the way for where I wanted to put it. If I have to brush snow out of the dish, I will have to use a step ladder. Moe said because of the angle of the dish, he did not think I would have to brush snow out of it. It point lower then the dish network dish.

Anybody in Utah know if you are brushing snow out of your Voom dishes?

roland

Dude, you've got to stop. You're giving me nightmares of when I used to live in the frigid north--scraping windshields, cars spinning all over the road, ugly ugly muddy snow everywhere...

EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW! :D

Ok, ok, I'm back. Now I'll just get back to sipping my ice-cold brew by the pool on this beautiful, sunny, 82 degree day here in paradise...

Acutally, in the valley this year it has not been too bad.
We are below normal for snow fall.

In the mountians - well, we are about 150% of normal for water weight in the snow pack. (We had about an average year in snow fall, but it was a wet snow year.)

This caused an increase in the avalanche danger, and we had a higher rate of deaths this year due to avavalanhes in the back country then normal because of a wet snow pack.

Well, that and stupid people that would go out in the back county when the avalanche danger was high...

The Summit County Serrif is getting a bit upset with people that do this now. He is wanting people to just stay out of the back country.

It used to be people would be careful, but now you have to live on the edge, and if you are not a dare devil there is something wrong with you.

roland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)