Voom informercial

squicken

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2004
I am watching an infomercial on PAX right now. The first thing I noticed is they aren't saying 39 HD channels. They're saying "more than 30." It also says with Voom you have "access to PPV channels." Anyone seen this? Is it old and I'm behind the times?

More info: The hosts mentioned Voom has excellent customer support. Also, they said Voom is great for standard televisions because Voom has so many pixels.

I can see ways you can argue Voom has PPV and that Voom is good for standard televisions b/c it has so many pixels. But both statements are really misleading.
They had some current customer testimonials. 2 middle age couples. One young guy who had a GT3 steering wheel hooked up to his TV. Were any of those people also people on this forum?

Sorry if this is old. I've never seen this infomercial before.

I was watching this thing for about twenty minutes until I got "caught" my the wife......"You already have the service. Why and the heck (paraphrasing) are you watching a dumb infomercial for it?"

39 HD channels by 6/1/04
HD PPV
movies on voom exclusive channels the way the director intended?

False advertising

Well, I checked it out b/c I wanted to see Voom's promotion of itself. It really was dishonest in its presentation of Voom. Given recent happenings and not happenings, for the first time in six weeks I can't really recommend Voom to my friends.

cyuhnke said:
Well, I checked it out b/c I wanted to see Voom's promotion of itself. It really was dishonest in its presentation of Voom. Given recent happenings and not happenings, for the first time in six weeks I can't really recommend Voom to my friends.
That would have been a great comment to give the reps in chat. Too bad we were not informed that they were present until after they left!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts