stb heat a problem?

Clutch

Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hi, I have a Panasonic PT-53TW53 television. This TV has an area on the bottom for some components, built right into the set. It is the reason I chose it over other similar tv's, simply for the space savings not needing a separate cabinet for my stuff.

I have the Voom stb sitting on the top of my dvd player in there and it has about an inch to two to breathe. The cabinet is completely open in the front and the back. How much room do I need to allot? Will that heat affect my tv? I noticed that this box gets very hot, hotter than my audio receiver actually.

The reason I'm worried is because it is the second tv of that model that I've gotten. The first one had a blue blob in the lower left (right above the stb)which the circuit city guy said was too expensive to fix..........?

Thanks

First off, I would suspect that "blue blob" that you saw was caused by magnetic interference from the components that you are placing underneath the set (especially if it is a rear projection set). This type of interference is especially prevalent with non-sheilded speakers with powerful magnets placed in close proximity to the display, in addition to electronic magnetic interference from components. It acually "bends" the light from the guns. You should try going into your convergence menu (after you get your components and speakers situated underneath) and doing a manual convergence on the set----let me know if this is the case and if you have any questions---

The motorola box is one of the coolest running things Ive seen. Heat is not an issue here. But mine sits on top of the rack. If that installation is causing heat problems then dont install a hughes e86 like that or your house will burn down. LMAO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)