voom install curse Lifted

reymar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
:D since my last post you should know I wasn't very happy with Installs Inc. but that all change after an e-mail to Wilt. I got hooked up with Metro Tech and oh what a difference. I was set for 12-5pm on 6/11. At 12:15pm the installer Jerry was at my door. 2hrs later the install was done. Most of that time was spent trying to drill through the outside wall and being on hold with Voom. Jerry was very professional and knowledgeable. It had rained the night before and the ground was soaking wet. Yet every time he would come into my house he would take off his shoes even though I told him it was ok "you don't need to do that" little things like that make a difference. I believe that if Installs Inc. would be a little more picky on who they hire to do the installs Voom would get better feed backs. The Hd content is awsome. I could watch Wldspts HD soccer all day long, it's amazing. Having alittle problems with OTA but should have that fixed this week. I believe the ant just needs to be redirected. Once again Thanks Wilt, Metro Tech and Sean :D

Jerry is pretty good. He installed my OTA Winegard antenna. Even crawled through my attic and ran the cables the way I asked him to.

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with Metro Tech Solutions. A good install company makes all the difference!

I have nothing but high praises for Metro Tech. That is why I am perplexed when I see all the installation horror stories from other users. If Metro Tech did the whole country, there would be no problems!!!

reymar said:
:D since my last post you should know I wasn't very happy with Installs Inc. but that all change after an e-mail to Wilt. I got hooked up with Metro Tech and oh what a difference. I was set for 12-5pm on 6/11. At 12:15pm the installer Jerry was at my door. 2hrs later the install was done. Most of that time was spent trying to drill through the outside wall and being on hold with Voom. Jerry was very professional and knowledgeable. It had rained the night before and the ground was soaking wet. Yet every time he would come into my house he would take off his shoes even though I told him it was ok "you don't need to do that" little things like that make a difference. I believe that if Installs Inc. would be a little more picky on who they hire to do the installs Voom would get better feed backs. The Hd content is awsome. I could watch Wldspts HD soccer all day long, it's amazing. Having alittle problems with OTA but should have that fixed this week. I believe the ant just needs to be redirected. Once again Thanks Wilt, Metro Tech and Sean :D

jerry does not work for installs inc.the only thing installs inc does is make phone calls.install inc may make it sound like they are sending on of there own techs.but the truth is they do not have any tech. jerry is more then likely a sub contractor of Metro Tech.and from what i just read a very good one at that.

whats it look like

Hey guys what does your Winegard stealth antenna look like???? I have the winegard and I think it is the stealth.. I am thinking of changing the position of it, beause I am having trouble getting my local channels, before I go buy another antenna..Thanks Slick

Slick said:
Hey guys what does your Winegard stealth antenna look like???? I have the winegard and I think it is the stealth.. I am thinking of changing the position of it, beause I am having trouble getting my local channels, before I go buy another antenna..Thanks Slick

Slick,

The Stealth is made by Channel Master. You probably have the Winegard Sensar II, model GS200A. http://www.winegard.com/offair/sensar.htm#gs

Go Pistons :D

Thank you, thats it, I am thinking about raising that antenna higher on the roof instead of buying another and lets see what happens.. Thanks again Cya Slick

reymar said:
:D The Hd content is awsome. I could watch Wldspts HD soccer all day long, it's amazing. Having alittle problems with OTA but should have that fixed this week.:D

I couldn't agree with you more on the quality of the HD Soccer. 1080i on the plasma is breathtaking. I'm also glad to hear that you've gotten some resolution to your install issues. I'm still working through mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)