VOOM Installations

I Be Voomin!!! Install was today.

My install today in Lancaster, OH just outside of Columbus went well. Installer and all equipment showed up on time and the installer did a great job. As others have commented the HD channels look very good, nice to finally see HD signal on my HDTV after a year. The only problem I have which I seen brought up in earlier posts is I have no OTA's. They come up just with 0-4,0-8,0-10. Per earlier suggestion did a factory reset and have the same problem. Went to zap2it page and shows my locals are mapped I am about 18-20 miles from towers per antenna.org . Any other suggestions?

PS: Thanks to all for all the great info I do believe it made my install process much smoother today.

curb_an said:
My install today in Lancaster, OH just outside of Columbus went well. Installer and all equipment showed up on time and the installer did a great job. As others have commented the HD channels look very good, nice to finally see HD signal on my HDTV after a year. The only problem I have which I seen brought up in earlier posts is I have no OTA's. They come up just with 0-4,0-8,0-10. Per earlier suggestion did a factory reset and have the same problem. Went to zap2it page and shows my locals are mapped I am about 18-20 miles from towers per antenna.org . Any other suggestions?

PS: Thanks to all for all the great info I do believe it made my install process much smoother today.

Try two or three times. Remember to do a reboot after the factory reset. They will eventually appear. I had to do mine last saturday 4 times before they started appearing.

xboxer said:
did the factory reset, some digitals now show in the guide but I only get a signal on channel 100

What happened to the other channels? Ok that happened to me also. I waited a little bit like 10-15 minutes. If they do not show up, do it again.

No go guys. This installer tried and tried and could not get a signal at all. His Channel Master meter he was using did register some signal, but not enough to lock onto.

I am stuck with DISH Network until they move the VOOM content to another bird. If anyone hears timelines for this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

RockyHeap said:
Being a fellow Seattle (Sultan actually) dweller, I'm curious as to your install and dish pointing / signal issues you've had lately.

I'm highly doubting I can get a VOOM signal due to trees and mountain ridges, but try and get a compass reading and altitude angle off your final dish placement and post the numbers if you can.

I'm sick and tired of Dishnetwork! So I'm hoping VOOM will work. I like your comment of using the Dishnetwork receiver to get signal strength for a test.

Please do keep us posted.

Right on! I live in Echo Lake, which is not too far from Sultan so I understand the terrain you have to work with. The problem with the install is that their angle on 61.5 is 10-12 degrees here in this area, which has the dish pointing pretty much flat out and up a foot or so.

If they move the content to 148, the angle is closer to 30 degrees, which they shouldn't have any problems with.

Thanks,

Bill

Actually, I'm in Wilmington as well, and every installer I've experienced has been excellent. You can breathe easy Dan ... You will be Vooming soon.

Sean, tx for the quick response. Second reset was a charm. All the OTA's are showing up now. Thanks again.

My Voom install was scheduled for this morning company called and said they cant make it until this afternoon.We will see if they show up or not took a day off for this so they better be here

Kicker and Digital Dan,
I'm in Hampstead and my installer is coming today from Kinston. Installers Inc. told me that they were the closest. I know Wilmington would be closer but I'll post my experience later. They are only installing the VOOM because they know that the Stealth won't pull in any stations from my location and will make a second trip later with a more appropriate antenna.

traxxs said:
My Voom install was scheduled for this morning company called and said they cant make it until this afternoon.We will see if they show up or not took a day off for this so they better be here

traxxs,

welcome and let us know what happens...

Well poop and double poop.

I'm fed up with Dish Networks slaughtering of signal quality and signal compression. I've been on a waiting list for an 811 HD receiver since early January, but did the email to the CEO at dish which got me an expidited install date........problem is, I really don't want to stay with Dish.

ponder ponder on what to do next.

THANKS for the update. I guess nothing lost if I still have the installers come out and see if I can get something, but I highly doubt if we can get a clear shot with the mountains of Stevens Pass in the way.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Mine is here now as well. They are out there now putting up the Dish. No VOOM hats on these guys. Just a white truck and 2 installers.

Scott-

Just curious to see how the install went, and how you like VOOM.

-k

Horror Installation Story Today --- Please Read!

I was rescheduled by Emerald Coast to Wednesday between 8-12 for an installation. Near 9:30am these two guys in an old S-10 pull up to my house and inform me that they are here to do my install for Voom. After a few minutes of chit-chat and showing them around my relatively simple ranch house (1750sq feet) and my HDTV unit, they start asking me about getting paid to do a wall-fish for me for $75.00 --- I inform them that I work as Director for a very large cable company and I will not pay $75 to run 25 feet of RG-6 cable through an existing outlet location. We routinely pay our subcontractor about $12-15 to fish a cable on our national contract prices. I told them politely that I would have the work done by my own service techs today and for now just get their Voom dish working. After that point, (of not getting paid extra $) they began to show the first signs of unwillingness to work. So it began...

They informed me that they don't get paid to run multiple lines or to enter attic space. They said they were going to do what they wanted to get it working. They said the OTA wouldn't work and they put it back into their own truck? Isn't this part of install and/or my equipment? They proceeded to mount the dish and get some work done. I walked around back and noticed the installer using my own personal ladder that he took without permission from my garage. Then I go back out front and see them standing around for nearly 20mins and I inquire as to what is going on. They said that they needed to charge their drill because it was dead before they got here today. I said politely (as a Director of Cable Co and also as a Manager of several contractors) you guys need to really have your own equipment and tools ready to work when you arrive on a jobsite. I also informed them that it they want to use a customer's ladder (ridiculous) they should at the very least ask before taking.

Dallas, the younger of the two, told me that I should mind my own business and that my cable company sucks and I suck too, and that I am an idiot. He told me that I should not get involved and report anything to their supervisor. Then he proceeded to continue to mumble under his breath. I immediately phoned Emerald Coast Broadband and informed them that I will not be treated in such a way by their agents. Their supervisor called me back and I explained the story to him. He informed me that he didn't even know who these guys were (they must be new) and asked to speak to them. The older guy, Daryl, took the call and went outside (what I believed was to rebute my statements and explain his side of the story) Sure enough I overhear the subcontractor saying, "Oh this customer is wrong. We have our own tools, ladders and our drill was charged. He is just trying to get us in trouble." I lost it.

I told him not to lie to cover his own inadequate abilities. I asked Emerald Coast for a new installer immediately to complete the job. Then Dallas ran around back and used my ladder to yank the dish off my house and cut the lines for my cable and dish. I told them to stop that this was my equipment and I have Voom on the phone right now. They said "So what, we are taking the equipment" --- At that point, I told them to leave my property and do not return.

I then called Emerald Coast back and asked when I would be reinstalled. Then I called Voom and was told that they were working with Installs, Inc to get it taken care of and I was given the # for Installs Inc. Installs Inc was very concerned and promised me that they would attempt reschedule the installation with an entirely different contractor. I am now waiting to hear back from someone to either fix this problem or cancel my service with Voom completely. I have not only lost my installation today due to their actions, I have missed another day of work.

Just wanted to share this with the Voom family here.
Andy

:shocked

my install is tomorrow. i sure hope my install wont be like yours. hopefully you will get your stuff working asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)