VOOM Installations

Hail Hail.

Im in Chicago, originally from Drumchapel then out by Balloch.

I'll be watching at home as its on live. FSW

I usually watch at the local CSC in Chicago.

How long have you been in the states? I came here in 88' when I was 18.

88 was a BIG year for the Tick ! I have been here about 6 years, I love Balloch, many happy memories there (bears, rock festival : ) ) Drumchapel, what can I say been there a few times and got lost, my friend was from there, I dont have FSW, so it will be Clyde2 online for me, and we will see if I am lucky enough to pick up the game on my ku band system, we will keep the fingers crossed anyway! I worked as a mechanical engineer at Howdens in Glasgow for 20 years before I came here, keep in touch and enjoy the game! Also great to see you are happy with VoOM! Cheers!

Just had my Voom installed today.

The installer called me around 10:30 asking if I would be ok with him coming in a half hour, had a 12-5 install window, I told him that would be great. He showed up about 45 minutes later.

The dish and stealth went up in the south east corner of the house, and he ran them down into the basement. The holes drilled into the house were sealed neatly.

Hookup was done via a diplexer, I made no mention not to use it.

Connection to the TV was made by me (nobody touches my TV but me :) )

Everything was working very well except for my local NBC station.

I took out the diplexer and hooked the antena up directly...no improvement.

I climbed onto the roof and adjust the antena...now I get all my OTA stations flawlessly...even the QVC like station that is 23 miles from me.

I was a little nervous that NBC wasn't coming in, being that is the reason I got rid of my digital cable because they don't carry NBC in HD for some reason, nor UPN.

Overall image quality is easily on par with my digital cable, but so far I don't have any of the programing guide or anything downloaded...how long should that take? Do I need to be in stand-by or watching the TV?

FYI I'm only 5-7 miles from my CBS, PBS, ABC, UPN, WB, FOX, and NBC stations...so the stealth seems to be more then fine.

So far so good....

great to hear!

It should take abour 30-45 min to downlaod the guide. It's a good Idea to go into System setup/reportback and look at the number of hits received. This needs to be greater than 4 for the guide to download.

Bill

Hello everybody well hear's my horror story !!!!!!!!! I live on Cape Cod MA Signed up on 4/1 and was given a install date of 4/6 tuesday (installs inc. ) started reading about all of the missed installs and called up installs inc 4/3 to change date of install to a saturday can't miss work for nothing ! was given a date of 4/10 and was sent a email confirming install with install # also given name and number of company who would be installing system ( Axiom Communications ) tried to get in touch with them every day for a week but no one there to answer phone only voice mail ,left message 3 times no call back finally on the morning of install 4/10 i called again and finally got thru to a installer and was told that they had no work order or equipment for install took my number and would call me to confirm order of equipment and to set up install date ,Finally called back 4/12 afternoon and left message that equipment was ordered and would call when equipment arrived . Being a little pessimistic at this point i gave installs inc. a call on 4/15 to see if equipment had been ordered and to see if install was still on for 4/17 well to no surprise equipment was not ordered till 4/14 and would not be at installers till 4/20 witch means that weather permitting install now is scheduled for 4/24 . People that is 23 days after call to subscribe and no voom !!!!!!!!!! UNHAPPY ON CAPE COD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, am I getting tired of all of these P.O.S. subcontractors that Installs Inc. is doing buisiness with. Once Voom sets up the install with II then it is out of their hands. Please make sure to let both Installs and Voom know about your troubles. At the very least you can vent some frustraion on them.

Yes, a nightmare is underway

Almost comically, my attempt to get Voom service has been incredibly painful. Twice already has the install contractor (Data Link) called to cancel my install the night before (always 2 minutes before they close for the evening so I can't call them back). I called Voom...thats the only installer they use in my area (Fairfax Cty, VA). Oh well... I'll give them one more chance (not really Voom's fault per se), but nonetheless, the whole thing has been verrrrry tiring.

blitter said:
Almost comically, my attempt to get Voom service has been incredibly painful. Twice already has the install contractor (Data Link) called to cancel my install the night before (always 2 minutes before they close for the evening so I can't call them back). I called Voom...thats the only installer they use in my area (Fairfax Cty, VA). Oh well... I'll give them one more chance (not really Voom's fault per se), but nonetheless, the whole thing has been verrrrry tiring.

blitter, send "Joe Harkins" <jharkins@installs.com> at Installs Inc an email regarding the above. This should have not happened. Joe will make sure you get installed in your next appointment. Let him know how you feel. Please let us know what happened.

I ordered Voom monday evening,they are coming out this Friday. I called the installers (ADANT) and they seem very professional.I spoke again with them today and confirmed tomorrows install. I'll post back with update.
Anyone deal with them here in the Chicago area?

Yes I did, way down here in Noblesville Indiana. You can go back and see my several posts, but short and sweet they used my extra line and installed a diplexor. Surprise! Everything works great and I did not have to have a second install visit (he said they would come back if any issues) or call VOOM. I did have a problem with Locals, but used this Forum and did factory reset, and had to adjust "red button". Installs came out from Indianapolis to check everything out afterwords. They said they are now trained and will service this area, and will not have to sublet to Adant from Chicago in the future! Good Luck!

jimjeep said:
I ordered Voom monday evening,they are coming out this Friday. I called the installers (ADANT) and they seem very professional.I spoke again with them today and confirmed tomorrows install. I'll post back with update.

Yes, I live 50 miles from Chicago and I have had them out 3 times to my house. On the dy of the install the installer did show up on time. However it took him over 6 hours to get everything going. Then after he left I found out he installed the wrong diplexor and didnt seal the holes outside my house that he drilled.

Bill

jimjeep said:

Yep, I had the 40 foot ladder crew from Adant Wireless come out and install my Voom setup... Buck and Les were great. They ran all the lines the way I wanted them and sealed all the holes they drilled in the house.

Well, I just spoke with my installer, and low and behold, he's on his way. So lets see, sunny clear sky's, have a line of site, and confirmation he's on his way, maybe just maybe the fifth time will be the charm....

mtuller said:
Well, I just spoke with my installer, and low and behold, he's on his way. So lets see, sunny clear sky's, have a line of site, and confirmation he's on his way, maybe just maybe the fifth time will be the charm....

I have to hand it to you mtuller, you have a lot more patience than I would in your situation.

Well I called and ordered the vavaVOOM package and they are to come out this coming wed to hook me up. I HOPE. Now if I could just get my TV fixed....

Finally got VOOM installed yesterday. Apparently Voom didn't send out the Stealth the first time around, so my install was delayed a week. It was the installers first time with a VOOM install. I basically had to do everything except aim the dish and call in for the authorization (thanks to this great forum!) Voom also didn't send them a DVI cable, but luckily I had an extra one ready to go. The guy was really nice about everything, didn't get uptight or anything when I was telling him how to set it up, in fact he was pretty grateful. I got my software all updated last night and the picture looks great! I was also amazed at the sound quality on some channels. I guess I wasn't ready for the dolby digital over my dish. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the info and i'm looking forward for more to come!

constant lurker,
Brad

txdude said:
I have to hand it to you mtuller, you have a lot more patience than I would in your situation.

Well its not like I have a ton of options, either I keep the cable I have or get one of the other Sat providers, with the only dif being ESPNHD, or I wait and get Voom.

Well its official, I am Vooming, and I must say the install went rather well, and my installer, once he got here did a great job, was very knowlegable and nice.

He did mention a couple of things, one of interest was that he was told that Voom was playing with the idea of moving the satalite up in orbit, so instead of the current angle it is at now, it might be a little higher in the sky.

Also I am experiencing wicked flicker on my channles. Is this something that gets cleared up by the software download that I should be getting this evening?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)