VOOM Installations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Martin said:
My signal strength hovers around 50 after the installer installed my dish. I noticed other people saying they have a strength in the 90s. I am concerned because I know my signal will drop lower when rains. Is there anything I can do to boost the signal. I live in Cental Illinois.

Do you still have picture from the satellite? Is your "dish" icon on the front panel green?

Ok good.. tonight or in the next few days your units should take a upgrade download and SHOULD give you the latest firmware that will display signal for SAT in the 90's..

Martin said:
I just checked my signal and I can even get any stations signal strength is around 30 right now. This Sucks!!

As sat4me you need the new software to get the signal into the 90s. Turn off your receiver before going to bed.

No installation for me

My scheduled date for installation of VOOM was for this Wednesday, May 26th in the afternoon. I just called VOOM tonight to find out why I didn't get a call from the installer. VOOM said that although my name was in the system, they did not have an installation date :mad: . The next available date would be June 7th. I cancelled my order.

This is a good example of poor customer service. Why would they give me an installation date and time, but not put it in the system? :shocked

I had scheduled to take Wednesday off because of this installation, and that's what upsets me the most.

well I just got off the phone with VOOM. Looks like the earliest they can get an installer out is June 11th :(

Asked if my account created over the phone will be linked to the one I set up online, and I was told it would. Tried setting up online account, and it told me my zip was in hawaii or alaska?! I live in California. So, I had to call CS and get an account set-up that way. Log in, but it wants me to purchase a package?! I'll just wait a while to see if they sync up or an email comes my way about my online account.

Well, at least it gives me some time to buy and A/V rack and tidy up my equipment in the entertainment room.

I'll keep posting as further news develops.

BTW, I'm located in San Jose, CA for anyone trying to find info about the install around here.

Gettin Voomed on Wed. Can't wait, and yes I called the installer today and my equip. is there and ready to be installed

OK. I'm trying V* one more time...

Call me a sucker :p , but after calling D* and trying to get the $99 deal with no luck, I've decided to attempt to get V* ONE MORE TIME. The CSR had some lame excuse about computer problems, but I'm not buying that. Someone royally screwed up. My install date is now June 15th; almost 3 weeks from my original install date. This time, I have a number to the install company, so you bet I'll be calling them after 48 hours !sadroll.

My installer just contacted me by phone at 6:45pm the day before the scheduled installation (May 25) stating that due to the overwhelming response for equipment that they would have to delay me by a couple of days. So I'm rescheduled for Thursday the 27th. We shall see what happens then. I live in Sacramento and Crave Electronics is the installer.

Nobody shows up for my install today, so we call Voom and the csr says that the installer had scheduled us with a guy who was on vacation. !sadroll Then he says the earliest they can reschedule us for is june 10 when the guy gets off of vacation, if they send out new equipment the earliest would be june 17. :(

Well i first got the email with the wrong name waited a day called voom which directed me to installs inc. which told me that i had not made an appointment which i had it was 2 days away.so they reschedule me for wed may 26th . i called (a cell phone) my installer tues. 25th 9am (had to leave a voicemail) to make sure my equipment was in and ask a few questions.i get called back at 8:30 pm and she tells me they dont have the equipment and want to reschedule for sunday i say fine but i have a few questions.i ask if the stealth OTA antenaa will work for me seeing as im 60 miles or so from Indy she asks the installer and tells me probably not.so i ask if theres another brand or how voom deals with upgrading to a larger distance one.i know they pay up to a certain amount but didnt know if they possibly could tell me more info to precede with that.she did not and told me to contact to voom.i then asked about what size dish ill be getting and she asked and said ill be getting the 18 inch dish.i asked if it were possible to have them send the 24 or 30 and she just said no.im afraid my LoS wont be the greatest and ill need a larger dish anyways.im quite frustrated with all this atm. Voom subcontracts installs.inc which inturn subcontract misc. installers from all over.thats just a bad idea theres too many lines of business to deal with Voom should handle subcontracting themsleves.and the first problem with the emails people got with wrong name and info i believe caused by installs inc is why people did not get thier initial install date. :confused:

evilfud,

welcome. I know what you mean about too many hands involved. Let them install everything and then complaint to get an upgraded antenna. If you have problems with 18" dish, make a case to get an upgrade dish.

Okie dokie thanks for the reply.just mad i was hoping to watch the pacer game in HD tomorrow.now ill have to wait till they beat the pistons 2 times at thier arena hehe.

Evilfud

I am getting installed today between 12 and 5. It's 1 p.m. now. The installer just called and said he was 70 miles away and would be here about 4:30. I hope this isn't the beginning of a bad installation. But at least he called.

Install Complete

I am in Loveland, CO and had my Voom installed today, and I do mean TODAY. It took about 4 hours :mad: . He knew what he was doing but seems he was milking the clock. I received the stealth antenna which is pulling DTV from more than 50 miles away but I am missing many locals still. I hope this will be corrected when they come back and install the "8BAY" antenna, whenever that is. The installer told me the range of that antenna is about 100 miles.

As far as the satellite stations I am happy with the selection, however, I am looking forward to the addition of many stations VOOM is currently working for. I must say my installer was not excited about VOOM, he said he likes his DirecTV. Well I do too but I am already thinking of cancellation of Direc after just 4 hours on Voom.

I think I'll be happy with the VOOM but the install could use some work.

The installer (Dan from Crave) came out at 2:35pm and was out of here by 4:15pm. he did a very professional job and was very easy to talk with. I had everything set up to where all he had to do was plug in the STB and put the dish up. I'm getting a signal of 90 to 94 and all but one of the OTA channels. That strength is around 15 to 20. Any suggestions? I think I'm call VOOM for a stronger OTB antenna and see what happens. Fantastic pictures!!!

I was going to have it installed on 5/29.
But I had to go and insist on a 24" dish.
So Tuesday I have a message on my ans. mach. that the install has been put on hold.
They (crave lectronics, in ca) dont have any 24" dishes in stock.
And that they are on order, & they will call me when the dish comes in.
Well I call them the next day, first thing in the am when they open.
After the second call to them that afternoon, (they were to call me) I told them that a 18" dish is ok.
The install is now set for 6/4.
Me and my big mouth ! :shh
Just had to have a 24" dish and...
Oh well, I figure I will buy a bigger dish myself some time later.

On a side note:
I did get to watch a 10min. Voom promo clip, at work today.
I think it was used at NAB this year.
It will be nice when voom get's installed.

I was told that my install was going to be done by Installs, Inc. themselves, not one of there affiliates. Is this a plus or a minus?

Also, I called Voom and got on a 3-way call with Installs inc. to ask for phone number/contact info of the specific installer and they said they do not give that out. They just gave me the 800-344-4857 Installs Inc. number. whats up with that?

I just called my installer they did not get the any voom equipment today and dont get deliveries on sat/sun and my appointment is for sunday.so when they call me to reschedule it will be the 3rd time.to me this is absurd .beggining to wonder if its even worth the headache.

Chris

"I was told that my install was going to be done by Installs, Inc. themselves, not one of there affiliates. Is this a plus or a minus?

Also, I called Voom and got on a 3-way call with Installs inc. to ask for phone number/contact info of the specific installer and they said they do not give that out. They just gave me the 800-344-4857 Installs Inc. number. whats up with that?"

Huh this cant be right. I got the phone number and nameof the installer everytime my order got screwed up.

Help! I can't get any clear video other than diag bars.

I just got my installation today. The installer said that many units were arrriving with "problems".
Although I am getting a strong signal (no obstructions) and live in Maryland, I can not get any clear video other than on channel 100 and some OTA channels.
I've tried to: reboot using the pwer switch;
Do a "factory reset"; unplug the receiver from the AC for 30 seconds.
I've tried calling 1-800-get VOOM, but they're so busy, they're not even answering their phones. Instead, I received a recorded message saying that I should visit their website and leave an e-mail.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

INSTALL TOMORROW! What's the odd's of it really happening?

Not to sound so pestamistic (SP?)

But the situation was, when I ordered they had a schedule date for june 6th or something around there. I told them I would be out of town all through June.. After about 15 min. or so of talking to manager's and the install dept. Tomorrow is the date..

Well no email confirmation or phone call. And after reading all the stories here..

What do you guys think? Supposed to be here 8-12 tomorrow!

I say no..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts