Voom is trying...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sschaem

Original poster
Mar 21, 2004
Recap of my ongoing problems with voom.

- I was billed 1118.33 a month ago for a single receiver rental.

- After talking with a Voom representative two weeks ago I got agreement that my account was wrongly billed... but nothing was done about it.

- Calling today to get this taken care off, I learned that I have to wait for a call back since they cant fix it untill monday...
But I also learned that they will still charge me for the full 9.50 rental + programing for the entire time I didn't have a usable service.

I mentioned unusable service because the first instalation was a fiasco.
The guy did everything you can imagine wrong. (No exageration)
and left my house with a non working install.

Its frustrating because Voom did develop a very competitive product, and its almost ruined by those types of problems (and this also tarnish a young company image)

Stephan

sschaem said:
I was billed 1118.33 a month ago for a single receiver rental.

I don't know if I'd laugh if this happened to me or would go completely off the wall. Don't forget to charge them interest on your money.

sschaem said:
But I also learned that they will still charge me for the full 9.50 rental + programing for the entire time I didn't have a usable service..

I'd fight that one tooth and nail to make charges retro-active to when service actually was up and running. Not a botched install date.

Follow-up

Ok... Just finished talking with an extremly courtious Voom representative,
and I think I'm all set. (Will know for sure in 72h)

If anyone from Voom is reading this, I would be happy to give you the info on this person. She really salvaged the situation. (I didn't even bother to get my service prorated from the time of the second instalation...)

Anyway, I'm impressed by anyone in customer service so dedicated.

Stephan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)