VOOM LLC is BACK

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I was asked by someone from Cablevision to post the the website www.voomllc.com. I see that has already happended. The person also asked me to get the word out that VOOM is back. Mr. Dolan wants VOOM really bad and will make it happen. It has nothing to do with him wanting this for his other son like the Newsday article said. He wants VOOM because he believes in it.

This information is not from a CSR and is right from corporate. This is all I can say at the moment. IMHO VOOM will be here to stay. Everyone can speculate as much as they want, but why waste your time. Just enjoy VOOM now and in the future.

I just have to add that I think it was incredibly disrepectful and a slap in his fathers face what Jr. did to him. He only has his dad to thank for his position in life. Can you imagine what Mrs. Grandma Dolan must be going through.

I have a feeling that it is real... Haven't gotten a confirmation but I would not doubt that it was Sr. Dolan who commanded it to be put up.

Thanks, kried001! You have been a long (1+ year?) poster on here and have always seemed to post accurate info.

Let's hope you are right.

One way or the other still enjoying HDTV un mostly sunny Seattle skies, Gill

kfried001 said:
... I just have to add that I think it was incredibly disrepectful and a slap in his fathers face what Jr. did to him. He only has his dad to thank for his position in life. Can you imagine what Mrs. Grandma Dolan must be going through.
It's not personal, it's business.

Dad was playing with CVC funds like it was Monopoly money. The board has to consider the impact to ALL stockholders. The bottom line is that VOOM was draining earnings and lowering the price of CVC stock.

If Dolan Sr. can come up with a package that will save CVC money over shutting down VOOM, then the board will make the deal.

Simple.

I would think that a single person trying to have a little fun and creating a webpage like voomllc.com would probably have chosen a different hosting company than MC SQUARED INCORPORATED and VOOM HD LLC might choose something like MC SQUARED. But that's just opinion of course :)

chevyN8 said:
I would think that a single person trying to have a little fun and creating a webpage like voomllc.com would probably have chosen a different hosting company than MC SQUARED INCORPORATED and VOOM HD LLC might choose something like MC SQUARED. But that's just opinion of course :)

I agree with you on that.

Seems possible that this is a placeholder until the deal is finalized, at which point Voom HD LLC would take ownership of the www.voom.com domain. The new websites would be then be pointless. If VoomHD belives it is a done deal in a matter of days then there is no reason to invest a lot of time and energy developing this site, as it really is just serving the purpose of letting people who care know that it is not dead until they can announce something officially.

I just received this on my VOOM News. They sent me a cd and I installed it. Now regular announcements are posted like this. Don't know how old this is. Has anyone else received it?

"To all our potential VOOM customers,
We are pleased to inform you that a new company, VOOM HD, LLC, has signed a letter of intent with VOOM's current corporate owner to purchase the VOOM service and continue providing you with our state-of-the-art service, supported by the existing VOOM management team. What this means to you, our potential customers, is a continued focus on having the most HD programming in the marketplace and the best overall TV experience money can buy.
Over the past several weeks, we have heard from many of you about your enthusiasm for VOOM, which was an important factor in helping us start the next chapter for VOOM."

Someone registered voomhdllc.com today.
I wonder if that will be another mirror of the billboard?

JL
veek.jpg

Boy, I love animals, but where is the rat poison :yikes

JL, what, when you are not trolling here, you hang out at emergency rooms tripping up the staff...?

Phew :shocked

Tvlman said:
I just received this on my VOOM News. They sent me a cd and I installed it. Now regular announcements are posted like this. Don't know how old this is. Has anyone else received it?

"To all our potential VOOM customers,
We are pleased to inform you that a new company, VOOM HD, LLC, has signed a letter of intent with VOOM's current corporate owner to purchase the VOOM service and continue providing you with our state-of-the-art service, supported by the existing VOOM management team. What this means to you, our potential customers, is a continued focus on having the most HD programming in the marketplace and the best overall TV experience money can buy.
Over the past several weeks, we have heard from many of you about your enthusiasm for VOOM, which was an important factor in helping us start the next chapter for VOOM."

That's pretty old news. The letter of intent expired a couple of days ago.

voom or not...

i've been eying voom for about a month now debating subscription. thanks to all of you i've found this site to be the quintessential source for real time voom info. understand my perspective is from outside looking in.

first of all i believe voom content and delivery to be one of a kind. i can't understand however the level of unprofessionalism and blatant disregard for "normal" business practices displayed by voom as of late. as a service provider they certainly don't give one a comfortable feeling about signing up for service even a month ago never mind the circus now.

if i was a betting man my money would be on the survival of voom...but then again my gambling record absolutely sucks.

pelagik said:
i've been eying voom for about a month now debating subscription. thanks to all of you i've found this site to be the quintessential source for real time voom info. understand my perspective is from outside looking in.

first of all i believe voom content and delivery to be one of a kind. i can't understand however the level of unprofessionalism and blatant disregard for "normal" business practices displayed by voom as of late. as a service provider they certainly don't give one a comfortable feeling about signing up for service even a month ago never mind the circus now.

if i was a betting man my money would be on the survival of voom...but then again my gambling record absolutely sucks.

One thing you need to remember is that it's not VOOM that's put us on this rollercoaster It's Cablevision. They own VOOM. Voom is only a provider and they have no control over anything atm. The reps are friendly and are waiting and willing to sign you up. Now that the $1 install has been extended why do you try it, what can you loose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)