VOOM Moves Target For DVR to Nov 04 or Earlier (?)

1080i

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Official reports VOOM may be prepared to release their DVR in as little as 60 days to cash in on holiday market.

Crazy Lou the barber told me the same thing as he trimmed my cowlick down to a nub. He said "look to the east, the DVR is coming"... must be freaking true.

DarrellP said:
We don't need a moderator, we need a link to a published source. ;)

He doesn't have one else he would have posted it already.
Thread should be closed else this will spawn other new threads with fabricated news stories.

No offense to 1080i but you only have 5 posts.. I want to hear it from someone who has posted things that did happen like new channels, updates for the stb and so forth.. But I will say just reading it gets the old heart thumping.. Cya Slick

DarrellP said:
We don't need a moderator, we need a link to a published source. ;)
Unless the moderator is Scott Greczkowski. His sources are 100% reliable. Remember when he published rumors about the NBC-HD for the Olympics, USA Network, Florida Sport Net and more recently the Sci-Fi.
Scott, any "rumors" on the DVR???

i tend to believe 1080i, but if 720p gave such news i would be skeptical.

anyone prepared to shell out what? 1000.00 bucks? for an HD DVR for a company that may not be here in a year?

Well I hope he is right and I am wrong because then everyone is happy :) that and I want to get my name on the list ASAP.. I hate not be able to record anything right now and since I am sticking with Voom till the end I need all the new stuff that they come out with.. Cya Slick

vurbano said:
anyone prepared to shell out what? 1000.00 bucks? for an HD DVR for a company that may not be here in a year?
Nothing to worry. Worst case scenario: E* buys V* and send us a new E* sticker to affix on top of the existing DVR V* logo :D

I would buy it if I can get at least 50% back in free programming (let's say 6 mos of free VaVaVoom). Otherwise, I'll wait for a lease option.

I have no big info but what 1080i posted has its basis so hang on. I give a lot of credit to 1080i for posting this.

P.S. I am sticking this one... and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)