voom need to add religious channels

dishboy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
VOOM NEED TO ADD RELIGIOUS CHANNELS TO THERE NEW CHANNELS.
3ABN,HOPE CHANNEL,ATN,DAYSTAR,KIDS AND TEEN NETWORK
AND THESE CHANNELS TO
WGN,PAX,G4TTV,WWOR,KTLA,ENCORE WESTREN CHANNEL,WPIX,KWGN
i like to see these channels be add in 2005. :)

OK a few.But please! No shopping channels! Need to draw a line in the sky somewhere.

I agree that the better ones need to be added. Some ot them are just plain hokey and give a bad representation of Christianity and are always asking for money.

Indy said:
OK a few.But please! No shopping channels! Need to draw a line in the sky somewhere.

Gee...my wife says to her... the shopping channels are religious channels.

Please, VOOM, please don't waste precious bandwidth on either religious or shopping channels -- they both just want my money and are infinitly more deadly to brain cells than a point blank shotgun blast to the head.

I can see this thread going up in flames any minute. Did someone bring the marshmallows?

Oh please!!!!! I can do without these screaming salesman who
feed on the poor, sick and uneducated.

Add more HD, thats all I care about.

gutter said:
Gee...my wife says to her... the shopping channels are religious channels.

I was just kidding. I don't want to see either until there are more HD and other mainstream channels.

David Dietzel said:
Please, VOOM, please don't waste precious bandwidth on either religious or shopping channels -- they both just want my money and are infinitly more deadly to brain cells than a point blank shotgun blast to the head.
ZACKLY!!

A religious channel in HD is just a polished turd.

rasecane1 said:
Oh please!!!!! I can do without these screaming salesman who
feed on the poor, sick and uneducated.

Add more HD, thats all I care about.

DITTO

A lot of providers(sat. or cable)say shopping channels are needed because they pay a share of the money they take in and pay the provider to be on, the provider then says they need that money to keep subs costs down. :rolleyes:

Not to belittle anyone's personal beliefs, but I consider religious channels to be of interest to a different niche of satellite customers than are currently subscribing to Voom.

I would prefer Voom stick to its roots and continue to try to roll out more HD programming. If I understand the posts in this forum, the niche Voom is trying to fill is for the high end video enthusiast who wants more HD.

Dish is dedicated to jamming as many channels as possible onto their limited bandwidth while appealing to every possible demographic. My Dad has Dish and they have plenty of those channels.

If you want religious, get Dish Network. Heck, I think you can get them for free with an unactivated receiver from Dish.

If they do add all of these GOOD channels then Voom better add the ability to select a user / profile like directv, it is a pain in the butt to have to go thru every channel when surfing, there are many channels on all of my providers that i like to skip over. I thought this would have been done by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)