Voom no longer lets you wait on hold...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
So I called today to discuss some technical problems I'm having. Ienter everything and wait on hold for about 5 minutes or so, getting the "We're really busy" message. And then finally they give the "Sorry, leave us a number and we'll call you back." If you DON'T choose to leave a number, it just hangs up on you. No option to continue waiting. If you do leave a number, they say they'll call you back in 24-48 hours. I want support. I pay for support. This is ridiculous. :(

I've noticed that as well. I've never received a call back.

However, if you keep calling back, eventually you will get a CSR. Last time it took me about 5 calls to get someone.

I wonder if choosing option #1 (new customer) rather than #3 (existing customer) would increase my odds of reaching a CSR?

-John

Thet's next. I am sure I will end up getting transferred into a black hole but it is worth a try.

I noticed this as well. I am still trying to find out my new install date since they missed the last one. I tried a bunch yesterday and could not get through at all. I did get someone the other night after being on hold forever and the girl said to call back the next day. She also said equipment is really backed up and they did not anticipate as many people who have signed up, thus leaving them without enough equipment for new installs. I am really frustrated in not being able to talk to someone. I don't mind sitting on hold for an hour just don't hang up on me.

kaw

Guess What - Transfer. But sales answered the phone with no wait. Imagine That. And I am on hold again - at least the hold music is different.

I've noticed that as well. I've never received a call back.

However, if you keep calling back, eventually you will get a CSR. Last time it took me about 5 calls to get someone.

I wonder if choosing option #1 (new customer) rather than #3 (existing customer) would increase my odds of reaching a CSR?

-John

I choose option #1 over #3. This is the only way I've been able to get through. Option #3 has always dropped me after having to wait.

I choose option 1 for everything.. New customers will obviously be handled at the highest priority

I hit 1, got some nice sales person who took my info, transferred me to support, and after about 15 min. on hold got someone on the phone. So that makes me happy that I got a live person, but annoyed that it took jumping through hoops.

-MP

I feel your pain guys, but to stay positive I would like to think that this is a sign of rapidly growing customer base...

Amusingly, the tech support person had to call Installs but couldn't get through to them because their number was busy. So I ended up with an escalation and a promise of a call back.

-MP

I've called 5 times now as well, and have been disconnected. I hope someone from Voom/Rainbow/Comcast/whoever is reading this thread. Since I am trying to get a new install date due to the last one being postponed due to the lack of equipment, it is lost revenue everyday a customer is uninstalled...

Seriously, what happened here. I have called VOOM alot since I signed up (In May) just to check on the install before it was postponed and I never even got put on hold once, as soon as I pushed #2 I was transferred to someone. I think they logged my phone number and decided I had called enough :)

Now I cannot even get a human on the line when I push #2.

kaw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)