Voom on ESPN hmmmm.

jmschusta

Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
I turned on my comcast while i still have it to catch up on some sports center while I wait and wait for Voom to give it to us. Low and behold who has a commercial but HD delivered Voom. Is this some cruel tease or a sign of our wishes being met right around the corner. Forgive me for only feeding the speculation / conspiracy theory just throwing it out to the masses for fun.

VOOM and ESPN has been the most talked about and speculated about channel. Everyone, from VOOM's CSR's to forum members has gotten word at various times that it is surely coming. However, we have not seen anything yet. Personally, I am tired of the speculation. It is a waste of time. Apparently, VOOM has no deal with ESPN, and I can only assume it is not coming any time soon. The speculation is a waste of time. Everyone seems to have a theory on this, but it never comes. All I know is I have missed and will continue to miss the NBA and NHL playoffs in HD thanks to VOOM and their never ending negotiations with ESPN.

I Think Most People In This Forum Have Never Seen ESPN HD. I Have It On D* And There Is Not Much To It. The Vast Majority Of Programming Is Streched SD & It Looks Like Crap. HDNET Is Far Better For Sports In HD. What We Really Need Is HDNET.

Sport Center will be in HD ?

When ESPN gets to their new studio will that mean highlights in HD?

The little bit I get to see of HD sports on VOOM'S HD news shows me that I want it.

Is VOOM just leading us on???? Who knows but they need ESPN really soon.

I don't understand the programing buisness, but I do understand money. This had to be about money.

At this point I would hate to own VOOM stock as I think it has to be bleeding money.

Trouthead said:
When ESPN gets to their new studio will that mean highlights in HD?

The little bit I get to see of HD sports on VOOM'S HD news shows me that I want it.

Is VOOM just leading us on???? Who knows but they need ESPN really soon.

I don't understand the programing buisness, but I do understand money. This had to be about money.

At this point I would hate to own VOOM stock as I think it has to be bleeding money.

Troutead, you're right. Those highlights on HDNEWs are amazing. Until I saw those highlights I figured baseball wasn't a sport that really needed HD like hockey and football. Boy was I wrong. All that detail! I can't wait for some more non-soccer and non-extreme sports sports progamming. Of course, Voom is blowing through cash right now. But all new companies do. Amazon didn't turn a profit until just a couple of years ago, but this poster sure did enjoy its stock rise :)

Missing the point...

I think some of us have sort of gotten off the point of a lack of ESPN. It's not the lack of ESPN HD, rather, ESPN in general. Sure, I wanna see sports in all their HD glory but, until then, I just want to see sports on Voom! (HD or not)

The Rickster

You are correct. ESPN HD is not overwhelmingly in great jaw dropping HD, that is a bonus when it is.

Regular old ESPN, and ESPN news are what I turn to to catch a score or listen to some mindless sport new. We need ESPN now.

Just got off the phone with voom and inquired about ESPN. Their response: "We are currently in active negotiations with ESPN, and we ..." I almost hung up the phone.
But then again, I read on a previous post that ESPN might not want voom to carry it's package on a premium tier. So, if ESPN gets on the basic tier, the price of voom increases for everyone, regardless. ESPN is not playing fair here, I would think.

The few games that CBS broadcast of the NCAA tournament in HD really looked good.

Voom better write a thank you note to CBC, or the Canadian Broadcasting Company for those not familar with the Great White North.

No ESPN and no NHL Playoffs....I was ready to cancel till I moved my Stealth over to the Antenna input on my TV.

I'm about 60 miles from the Canadian border and it looks barely watchable, of course its analog SD barely with a signal on a 60" LCD :(

They better get their asses in gear and get this fixed. Their only reprieve is that ABC is supposed to broadcast all the finals.

I'd like to see how many Voom'ers cancel over this. Alot are lucky and can get Channel 9(CBC) with just rabbit ears near the city. For those not from Detroit or the surrounding area, yes Red Wings Hockey is THAT important :)

Eric_C said:
Voom better write a thank you note to CBC, or the Canadian Broadcasting Company for those not familar with the Great White North.

No ESPN and no NHL Playoffs....I was ready to cancel till I moved my Stealth over to the Antenna input on my TV.

I'm about 60 miles from the Canadian border and it looks barely watchable, of course its analog SD barely with a signal on a 60" LCD :(

They better get their asses in gear and get this fixed. Their only reprieve is that ABC is supposed to broadcast all the finals.

I'd like to see how many Voom'ers cancel over this. Alot are lucky and can get Channel 9(CBC) with just rabbit ears near the city. For those not from Detroit or the surrounding area, yes Red Wings Hockey is THAT important :)

Hey, if I had to live with the Lions and Tigers I'd be a big Red Wings fan too :)

Hey the Tigers are in first place :eek:

The Lions, well...when they win, it is an amazing site, they win with alot of amazing stuff...its kind of like watching a sh!tty TV show that has a great episode every once in a while... :yes

Ford needs to go, that would go a long way to getting the Lions back on track. Pretty soon we won't be able to get quality players at all. The Lion's are a graveyard of college superstars turned into mush....we've had plenty of top rated QB's in college, then we completely mess up their careers, hopefully they got good grades :eek:

Eric_C said:
Hey the Tigers are in first place :eek:

The Lions, well...when they win, it is an amazing site, they win with alot of amazing stuff...its kind of like watching a sh!tty TV show that has a great episode every once in a while... :yes

Ford needs to go, that would go a long way to getting the Lions back on track. Pretty soon we won't be able to get quality players at all. The Lion's are a graveyard of college superstars turned into mush....we've had plenty of top rated QB's in college, then we completely mess up their careers, hopefully they got good grades :eek:

I'm from Oklahoma, so I followed Barry Sanders' career. I used to pull for the Lions, only to see them fail so often. I've always scratched my head over Andre Ware-Rodney Peete. Fontes never gave Ware a chance and totally messed up every QB who came his way.
I don't think the Tigers can keep it. But, I forgot to mention the Pistons, though I also forgot to mention Darko.

Andre Ware
Rodnet Pete
Eric Hipple
Scott Mitchel(ok, he did suck)
Charley Batch...probably the best QB we've had for a while

I'm sure I'm missing some but the list of dead ends we've created for solid college players is longer than the ones who actually did something.

They screwed up with Barry, it was a real shame. He was private, had his own way, but never screwed around outside of the game and really was entertaining and talented enough to just watch even a losing game. He should be given credit stickiing to a sinking ship for as long as he did, he could have gone anywhere to get a ring.

Chuck Long. I really liked Eric Kramer. For some reason Fontes didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)