VOOM Satellite

waxman8365

Original poster
May 31, 2004
I have just installed VOOM - had it now for two weeks. Its far superior to DIRECT/DISH. Remote is easy to use. Receiver is a no brainer. ALL outputs active at same time - so I can watch HDTV and Standrad DEf at the same time in different rooms. No long term contract. Largest number of high def channels than direct/dish - all included in regular monthly fee.
I have just cancelled my Direct TV. Also in the fall VOOM will automatically switch receiver to new receiver with DVR function - no charge.
I would suggest to all of us Satellite guys to encourage our customers to switch. Direct/Dish are charging too much for their present standard def and are adding an extra layer of fee for a handful (4-5) high def channels.
Waxman8365

I do have to concede the concurrent outputs for both defs are nice. Is the DVR deal you mention confirmed? Sounds like a pretty big promise for them to keep.I wonder if "fall" means September or if fall means right before Christmas?

Speaking as a solar, Fall=September 21-December 21. If you're lunar, your dates may vary. Most businesses always use Q1-Q4 because it's precise. When a comapny says "fall", that can mean Q3 or Q4. By saying "fall", I think Voom is trying to get good PR by the prospect of a near-term DVR/2nd sat. but also the wiggle room to delay and not get criticized for the delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts