Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey everyone, I have just received some good news. It appears that VOOM has received an extension of its life by 27 hours.

The word I have just received is that the VOOM Shutdown will now take place on May 1st at 3AM EST.

No word yet on if the boxes are going to be deauthorized or not. I would hope that they decide to keep them on so people can take advantage of the OTA tuners.

I am also receiving word from another contact that we could have more VOOM news on Friday.

Stay Tuned!

Well, I guess this is good news but I already have cable hooked up on one of my HDTV's and have left the other till V* goes black. I am looking forward to hearing what the news on Friday is all about though. :what

Is the news going to be so good that I need to cancel my comcast install on Friday?
Come on Scott you can give us more than that. If anyone knows, it's you.

Thats great, Im in cali so that will get me through Friday night.... :)

I am not going with another privider until I hear what this new news is on Friday! Thanks for the update, and feel free to leak any other useful info..

You guys just can't wait to find out what is going on. Patience is a virtrue. Something that most VOOM'ers don't have. Just kidding.

I don't know with all this VOOM stuff going on it has driven me to drink. :)

See you at the pub guys. :D (Hickup!)

r.jones1116 said:
Is the news going to be so good that I need to cancel my comcast install on Friday?
Since you don't have any long-term contracts with cable - no need to cancel the install. You can always cancel later on! ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The word I have just received is that the VOOM Shutdown will now take place on May 1st at 3AM EST.
3AM on May 1st makes a lot of sense. Anything earlier than that would've caused complaints...

Ilya said:
Since you don't have any long-term contracts with cable - no need to cancel the install. You can always cancel later on! ;)

That is exactly why I went to cable for right now... If something better comes along then I can cancel with NO Penalties!! :D

Ilya said:
3AM on May 1st makes a lot of sense. Anything earlier than that would've caused complaints...

what about those al-ke-holics who stumble home at 2AM Pacific time only to see Voom gone? :)

OMG...things were so calm here in the VoOm forums!!!
We are all just discusssing our future providers and patiently awaiting
for the patients vital signs to cease....and then here we go again...
I can here that rolllercoaster sound going up, click, click click, click...!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)