VOOM Shutdown Update

Let's see, if we can have everyone keep their stb's on til the end, we can kill em all...

Sorry, just the pesimist in me.

riffjim4069 said:
Yikes! Four continuous months of ups-and-downs; it's much like a never ending roller-coaster. My pancreas can't take too much more excitement. :rolleyes:
Oh, my gosh, another go at the coaster. One more time from the top.

Hey, the coaster is a bit lighter and faster because lots of riders got out before the end of the ride!

Hang on to your hats and pacreases, folks.

riffjim4069 said:
"Oh, the pain...the pain...the pain"
~Dr. Zachary Smith and VOOM Subscribers
The guy who played Dr. Smith lived on our street when I was a kid -- Woodland Hills in southern California. I never met him, but I watched him drive home from work. He gave me the same disgusted gaze from his car that he gave others on that show.

To All

Can You Record The Last Min Of Hdnews....
And Post It On The Site?

Because I Was Hoping Charles Dolan Or Hdnews Anchors Would Have Something To Say.

I Will Be Getting Dish Installed On The 30th And Would Like To See The Last Moments.....i'm Sure Everyone Here Would....so Please If Possible Please Post It

gutter said:
You guys just can't wait to find out what is going on. Patience is a virtrue. Something that most VOOM'ers don't have. Just kidding.
Yep...it's something I've preached long and loud...I just don't practice it too well!! Come on Scott, GIVE!!! Vicki :D

I was not in any hurry to switch services until the end and see what will really happen and who will provide the best deal. I am glad I did. In my area cable is not a choice. Adelphia with 3 HD channels and none of the major networks in HD. None. So I am content to see what really goes and will adjust accordingly. Patience is a virtue and also can save you from making a costly commitment.

whtsantafe said:
Can You Record The Last Min Of Hdnews....
And Post It On The Site?

Because I Was Hoping Charles Dolan Or Hdnews Anchors Would Have Something To Say.

I Will Be Getting Dish Installed On The 30th And Would Like To See The Last Moments.....i'm Sure Everyone Here Would....so Please If Possible Please Post It
Why not just make Dish run new lines...or have you already cancelled VoOm? :confused: Vicki :)

chrem88 said:
You guys here at this forum are so lucky.
I have mediacom and they the worst hd lineup in the world.
I will explain .I have the motorola 6412 dual tuner and the 2 thru 78 channels suck compare to voom..
The hd line is this
ESPNHD (SUCKS)
UHD (SUCKS)
DHDTV ( REALLY SUCKS)
HDNET (SUCKS)
HDNMV (SUCKS)
S-HD (SUCKS)
TMCHD (SUCKS
HBOHD (PAYING FOR IT BUT NO CHANNELS)
So i really wish that we can keep vomm and that they will just switch us all to e* and kepp us all happy.
I DON'T WANT MY LOVE CHILD TO DIE
VOOM THE SECOND WIFE (YEAH)
Mediacom out by me doesn't have ANY HD at all. They suck even worse! Every town around me has Comcast and I'm stuck with Mediacom!

Im not making any moves till mpeg4 is in place will have to live with 22 ota channels in s. jersey any more extentions on VOOM life would make my day.

all i ask is that instead of leaving their customer hanging just tell tell us what you have plan and make ie wednesday and just tell us what the f*** is going on.

"If i was drinker i be sober by now"

[Mod Edit]

What are you talking about leaving customers hanging?

They've already told you what is going on. They are shutting down the service on April 30th. They have it posted online, on the phone, through e-mail, SNAIL, the online guide. They all advise you to switch to another provider. There is nothing else going on for you to be sitting around waiting for something else to happen. The voom DBS service is going away on May 1st at 3AM EST

</B>well i guess there are some of us that belive in something.Seems to me that you have a lack of balls to voice you ideas and thats and are one who runs from a fight.I enjoy voom and will have to say that it a product that is worth fighting over.I know i will be shut down on my 01 3.00 am EST.
Have you ever enjoy something that is what you wanted and then are being told hey we are not making the money thatw e wanting so we are shutting it down and go f**k yourself and by the way how does you ass fell.
Well for once i think that we could defend voom and stop running away and just hope that it will work for us</b

Ouch

I never said you can't watch it while it's still on and that you have to run away.

I was simply correcting your statement about voom leaving customers hanging and that there is still more they need to tell you when there isn't.

I hear ya!

FunkyBoss said:
Mediacom out by me doesn't have ANY HD at all. They suck even worse! Every town around me has Comcast and I'm stuck with Mediacom!

I am in the same situation with Charter. Every other town around me has Time Warner with HD of course. Charter has been giving me the run around about when they will be getting HD for the last 18 months much less a DVR. I might see it in September.

I feel your pain.

Brg
sorry man
Just realyy wnat to keep the service and hope we get some type of news soon.
I wish that they would just make a deal with echostar to move all of us who are left to echostar.
I have bad credit and get no other sat company besides voom and local cable is a my just not what i want now i have voom..
So sorry if i mad you mad but i weeping man

VOOM as we know it, will cease to exist in a few days time.

Some or all of those VOOM21 channels will continue production during May, which indicates that Cablevision is serious about delivering HD content to other service providers.

I've already signed up for Charter cable for the HD-DVR and what few channels they offer in HD -- cable seems the best place to wait out the storm until the sat providers get thier MPEG4 act together (end of summer -- at the earliest -- through spring of 2006). By the second qaurter of next year the sat boys should have much more HD content and updated boxes. Until then, I'll hang in my cable cave until the SD nuclear winter blows over.

I plan on watching VOOM until they pull the plug or someone picks up the VOOM21.

chrem88 said:
</B>well i guess there are some of us that belive in something.Seems to me that you have a lack of balls to voice you ideas and thats and are one who runs from a fight.I enjoy voom and will have to say that it a product that is worth fighting over.I know i will be shut down on my 01 3.00 am EST.
Have you ever enjoy something that is what you wanted and then are being told hey we are not making the money thatw e wanting so we are shutting it down and go f**k yourself and by the way how does you ass fell.
Well for once i think that we could defend voom and stop running away and just hope that it will work for us</bOuch

Spoken like a true 5th grade grad-jee-ate!!

jethro.jpg

Ooops...Granny...He said a bad word!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts