VOOM Shutdown Update

you know there are woman who also monitor and participate in this forum. Let's not gross them out and chase them away. I want more broads on Satguys.

chrem88, you only have one ball? Hmm, talk like that cost John Bobbit more than that, but I think he learned his lesson. Maybe you didn't...

How about a little class here?

Here is what i think is going to happen:

Voom will officially close on May 1 2005 at 03:00 AM EDT and will cease transmiiting all channels except the VOOM 21 which will still be broadcast over the Rainbow 1 bird untill the Sat deal with E is official (sale of rainbow 1 blessed by FCC), and hopefully at that time the deal with E to carry the Voom 21 will be inked!!!

I also think during this timeframe they will change the marketing name from "Voom 21" to something generic like "HighDef 21" untill the Official relaunch name is selected and I think the current Voom receivers wil be able to continue to receive those 21 channels free of charge untill the relaunch is official.

:) :) :) Wishful thinking isn't it!!!!!!!!

richard_rd said:
Here is what i think is going to happen:

Voom will officially close on May 1 2005 at 03:00 AM EDT and will cease transmiiting all channels except the VOOM 21 which will still be broadcast over the Rainbow 1 bird untill the Sat deal with E is official (sale of rainbow 1 blessed by FCC), and hopefully at that time the deal with E to carry the Voom 21 will be inked!!!

I also think during this timeframe they will change the marketing name from "Voom 21" to something generic like "HighDef 21" untill the Official relaunch name is selected and I think the current Voom receivers wil be able to continue to receive those 21 channels free of charge untill the relaunch is official.

:) :) :) Wishful thinking isn't it!!!!!!!!

It seems plausible. As much as when you press the Voom button on May 1, you will see a Dish logo and transition to Dish message above the channel guide.

This is killing me. My wife plans a cruise for this weekend 5 months ago for our anniversary and I will be unable to see the last few moments of Voom :(

Please somebody record the last few moments for me. Hey, I wonder if Royal Carribean will permit me to bring my Voom dish, receiver and TV on board? ;)

TC_Lauderdale said:
This is killing me. My wife plans a cruise for this weekend 5 months ago for our anniversary and I will be unable to see the last few moments of Voom :(

Please somebody record the last few moments for me. Hey, I wonder if Royal Carribean will permit me to bring my Voom dish, receiver and TV on board? ;)

Is a divorce out of the question?

TC_Lauderdale said:
My wife absolutely LOVES Voom, and we are very compatible, so it's hard to say. :D
You could always go overboard before the ship clears the harbor. Your wife will probably not miss you until she is through shopping and looking around on board for hours. ;)

who cares anymore its over get over it :D

Attachments

• VOOM.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 132
SactoCal said:
Gee, looking for "broads" in an online forum, bet you are a real ladies man :p JK, had to say it tho ;)
Hey why not? Don't you remember the Rogers and Hammerstein family musical. "South Pactific" ...."Where a broad.... should be broad" (Honeybun sung by Mary Martin on Broadway and Mitzy Gaynor in the Movie) :p Kind of tame language in 2005 compared to 1952.

gutter said:
Hey why not? Don't you remember the Rogers and Hammerstein family musical. "South Pactific" ...."Where a broad.... should be broad" (Honeybun sung by Mary Martin on Broadway and Mitzy Gaynor in the Movie) :p Kind of tame language in 2005 compared to 1952.

LOL, I have learned not to call the o'lady the o'lady to her face is all.... One of my fav's is "Wench", but now that one can really get a reaction, even though it is not necessarily a demeaning term, my wife hates it. She loves VoOm though and is very sad about the shutdown, (gotta throw somethin in here about the topic).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)