VOOM STB Setting.. Is it best ?

dtsfanohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
It is technically better to routinely set it at native or 1080i ? I am using component cables. Thanks

if you have a 1080i monitor set the stb to 1080i. otherwise your set may convert non 1080i signals to something far less like 540p or 480p

Also if you leave it on 1080i the TV won't flicker and hesitate when the resolution coming in changes. On my Mitsu the native mode makes the SD look better but the delay and flicker were driving me nuts so I just leave the STB on 1080i.

same here, the native just caused the TV to sync while changing channels and it made me crazy.

In addition, the SurfBar and the PG all look much better in the fixed resolution mode.

tscallions said:
I've got a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV as well. What's up with no 720p support from Mitsubishi?
It's not just Mitsubishi. Most of the CRT-based RPTVs on the market do not support 720p. 720p requires the highest scan rate (in lines per second) among all resolutions (higher than 1080i) and most of CRTs simply can't work that fast. Some of these RPTVs (if you are lucky) will convert it to 1080i, others will down-convert it or simply refuse to work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)