Voom subs duped? 1280x1080i???????

I think he was talking about the 1440 x 1080i voom hd channels, that the tsreader scan uncovered. I bet all of the channels were that size, just couldn't find that out because the rest of the HD channels are encrypted

BFG said:
I think he was talking about the 1440 x 1080i voom hd channels, that the tsreader scan uncovered. I bet all of the channels were that size, just couldn't find that out because the rest of the HD channels are encrypted

I dont think so. Read the thread again. Ken and CP are sharper than that.

Oh yeah. I bet all HD was 1440x1080i and then when they went to the harmonic encoders it went down to 1280x1080i.

That makes sense to me.

How does a moderator at AVS have this kind of information and satguys does not? Well maybe its political .... LMAO

vurbano said:
Ken is not talking about the voom21
If so, perhaps the networks are providing their signals to Voom in 1280x1080i ? The question does seem to be exactly what Ken is saying, since he is so coy with the information. It makes the information worth a little less.

Besides, AVS has always been a little anti-Voom.

JL

Just because someone says something he is not right all the time. He speaks and everyone takes it as fact. Why not show the proof? I will have to disagree with those numbers.

Sean Mota said:
Just because someone says something he is not right all the time. He speaks and everyone takes it as fact. Why not show the proof? I will have to disagree with those numbers.

I agree. If the best he can do is say "I was told this and they said it wasnt for public consumption" then thats not proof of anything in my book. Proof would be a quote from Wilt, or some measured numbers.

As much as I trust Ken H, he did not give any "evidence". The only "evidence" to the Voom's resolution was the TS decoder output that showed all unencrypted HD channels were 1440x1080i. But who knows...

Hong.

I have D* (with 7 receivers) now and dropped E* to just HD Pack with one receiver. Already dropped cable as well. If you go to avs programming forum, you will find that it is pro-DirecTv. I find it very curious that when D* was downresizing their HD resolution, no one posted this because a "source" told them. But it was someone who actually went and did the measurement. V* pq's was always put in any conversation to D* and now that V* is dead the only recourse is to beat the dead horse with the quality was as bad/good as D*. C'mmon that is so lame and cynical that it is hard to believe that there is not another force behind it.

I am told by people at VOOM that Kens numbers are wrong.

I never understood why AVS was always so Anti VOOM, Voom should have been a service that the AVS community embraced. Seems like the only thing they embraced from VOOM was their advertising revenue.

One thing I am proud of that all the VOOM forum members called VOOM like they saw it, they reported the good and bad, and when there were bad times they reported them but did not dog VOOM, instead then knew what VOOM was capable of and VOOM listened and fixed the issues in a timely manner.

Now does Ken H have a grudge against VOOM? I don't know, and my thoughts on this could be all wrong, to me when I read his messages the tone seems negative, and thats one of th ebig problems with text based thoughts, one person can read his comments as positive while someone else can read the same post and think it's negative.

While I first HATED VOOM when I first got it and I thought it was the biggest waste of money, VOOM pulled it all together and it turned into a service I truely loved and still do to this day, and I will probably be watching VOOM when whoever is the last to leave the uplink flips the lightswitch which controls it all. (Yeah yeah I know ita a lot more complicated then that but I was trying to paint a nice picture) :D

Maybe there is another source that will produce and say that E* HDnet is at 1280x1080i as well so that they all could be in the same plane field. If you do not see, the purpose of this claim now, to me it is clear as water.

Sean Mota said:
I have D* (with 7 receivers) now and dropped E* to just HD Pack with one receiver. Already dropped cable as well. If you go to avs programming forum, you will find that it is pro-DirecTv. I find it very curious that when D* was downresizing their HD resolution, no one posted this because a "source" told them. But it was someone who actually went and did the measurement. V* pq's was always put in any conversation to D* and now that V* is dead the only recourse is to beat the dead horse with the quality was as bad/good as D*. C'mmon that is so lame and cynical that it is hard to believe that there is not another force behind it.

You think like I do. Do you not find it strange that it is so pro D* but yet D* advertisements are not present on the banners?

vurbano said:
You think like I do. Do you not find it strange that it is so pro D* but yet D* advertisements are not present on the banners?

It is hard to believe that he will make such a claim without proper proof. :confused: even if you think it does not matter anymore. There are a lot of things about the VOOM business that we were always told but never actually disiminated into a public forum without "backup". We always tried to put hints or call it a rumor and there were some that we actually never published because we never knew if they were true or not. Very hard to believe that a man can have such a power as his statements become pure facts "just because he says so". :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts