Voom upgrade question?

monetteboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
Hi guys,

Got voom up and running yesterday, but do to my error I forgot to turn the boxes to standby mode when I went to bed. I read on here last night was the last night to get the update? I called Voom and they said to uplug the reciever and then plug it back in and it would work. I tried this twice and nothing has happend, except after a moment or two hdnews comes on.

Thanks Sean, I will turn it off tonight.

By the way this forum has been a great source of information. Unlike many forums this one seems to have people who don't get upset and flame over every little thing!!!

Also if for some reason you dont get the update or forget, Voom will force your reciever to get it like it did for mine one evening while I was watching cinema 19 :)

Bill

They must have some serious bugs that they fixed and released a new version.

Bill

Sean Mota said:
Turn it off tonight... I believe the unplug/plu will only work if you are targeted.

What exactly does "Targeted" mean? I was just installed today and when I go into the service menu, I see a Target Version of v00.00.68, when I was expecting to see 00.05.68. Does this mean I'm "targeted" and should get it tonight if I turn my boxes off?

It means that if you put your box in standby you should get it but it may take 2 or 3 nights before you do. It just means that they do just so many updates per day. But you should get it tonight or tomorrow. Or you can force it by disconnecting the box from its outlet waiting 30 secs then plug it back in make sure it's in standby and then it should start to download.

Bill

Yep, I got the update on my boxes last night. One was locked when I tried it and wouldn't respond to the remote. I held the power button in to reset it and it powered back up and went to that screen with all the numbers, codes and countdowns. I just left it alone for an hour or so and I was then able to use it again.

I also noticed that the channel names (next to the channel number) in the guide and on the info popup were missing. But the guide info was all there. So I rebooted again, and now I have the channel names, but no guide info yet after about an hour. Can the guide info take that long to download?

I got the update last night. I didn't get to watch tv this morning, but I could tell a major difference in how quickly the channels changed.

FunkyBoss said:
I also noticed that the channel names (next to the channel number) in the guide and on the info popup were missing. But the guide info was all there. So I rebooted again, and now I have the channel names, but no guide info yet after about an hour. Can the guide info take that long to download?

Should take about 15-30min. If after an hour you still dont have guide info. Unplug for 30 seconds plug it back in. Then go into setup/reportback and look at the trip counter. When the trip counter is great than 4 it should start the guide download. If you do not see the trip counter increase call Voom and have them hit the reciever then when the counter goes over 4 you should start to get the download.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)