VOOM Version 6.0 fix?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kjs58

Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Hi everyone! Im new to this forum, and one post that caught my eye was the issue about the new 6.0 software. I hope Im not reposting something I missed, but I immediately called Voom customer service and I was told that all I had to do to get the new upgrade was to leave my box on, preferably unused from 2am to 4am in the "native" mode. Meaning all four lights on in front of course. She said this could take a couple of days but nearly guaranteed this would work. We'll see. Hope this is of use to you all, and hope it works!

***Well, well, first off I can understand anyones reluctance to believe anything cs reps say, as I just found out. Heres the new story, as I was told today. Indeed the mode, native or otherwise means nothing, youre right. The box should be "off" between 2am and 5am to accept the upgrade "and" it could take up to one week to get the complete download, but I am still assured this will upgrade me to 6.0. When I told the rep this would make me without service for 3 hours for up to a week, I was told they would "look into this" and give me a partial refund for this downtime. More to continue....

I'm surprised she didn't tell you to put the left foot in, and take your left foot out, then....

barth2k said:
I'm surprised she didn't tell you to put the left foot in, and take your left foot out, then....

Sounds like the Cotton Eye Joe song .......Bull sh%t :D

kjs58 said:
I was told that all I had to do to get the new upgrade was to leave my box on, preferably unused from 2am to 4am in the "native" mode. Meaning all four lights on in front of course. She said this could take a couple of days but nearly guaranteed this would work.
kjs58, Welcome to the forum!
The CSR was basically correct. This is indeed the way you can get upgraded from an older version to the current one. The only thing that CSR forgot to mention is that 5.68 is still the current version. (6.00 is not yet released to all customers). So, if you get a box with version 5.08, you can upgrade it to 5.68 as explained by the CSR, except that the reference to the Native mode is irrelevant: the box can be left in any mode, but it is better to turn it off (put it in standby). I assume, the update to the next released version (6.??) will be done in a similar way, when it is finally released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts