VOOM what a wonderful name.....

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
324
0
Chicago
Any idea's out there as to some of the other name's they tossed around before they settled on VOOM?
 

Marco in HD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 30, 2004
21
0
Zoom, was one but, they felt they would have gotten suied by the childrens show of the same name.

Now I'm showing my age.
 

rollerfink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 1, 2004
294
0
Detroit
adtoolco said:
BOOOOOOOO! HISSSSSSSSSSSS! WHISTELING ala Worldsport!

-Chris

I know I wasn'y a fan of CRASH either -- I preferred their other suggestion: UNPLUG AND WAIT 15 SECONDS!

Now, that's a catchy name.
 

deeann

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 21, 2004
297
0
CA
Marco in HD said:
Zoom, was one but, they felt they would have gotten suied by the childrens show of the same name.

Now I'm showing my age.

We're gonna zoom-a-zoom-a-zoom!

Remember that chick who did that weird arm flippy-flap thing as her special talent? It took a lot of practice, but I learned how to do it just like she did!
 

adtoolco

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 9, 2004
119
0
Springfield, Massachusetts
deeann said:
We're gonna zoom-a-zoom-a-zoom!

Remember that chick who did that weird arm flippy-flap thing as her special talent? It took a lot of practice, but I learned how to do it just like she did!


Que pasa? That went over my cabesa.

-Chris
 

deeann

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 21, 2004
297
0
CA
bernanimation2.gif


This actually doesn't look quite like it did on the show, if I remember right there were three or so cross-overs before the bottom revolution (at least that's the way I did it, which might have been wrong). It still kinda works as a dumb party trick.
 

deeann

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 21, 2004
297
0
CA
deeann said:
bernanimation2.gif


This actually doesn't look quite like it did on the show, if I remember right there were three or so cross-overs before the bottom revolution (at least that's the way I did it, which might have been wrong).

It still works kinda as a stupid party trick.
 

stevegs1

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 18, 2004
42
0
NW Suburbs, IL
Zoom

deeann said:
We're gonna zoom-a-zoom-a-zoom!

Remember that chick who did that weird arm flippy-flap thing as her special talent? It took a lot of practice, but I learned how to do it just like she did!

Her name was Bernadette- don't EVEN ask why I know that....................
 

Marco in HD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 30, 2004
21
0
Geez, they got their own web site.

Now if I could just find the web site for the "Magic Garden".

mmm... peanuts
 

Chezbrgr2

Member
Mar 9, 2004
14
0
I think they called it Voom so the same people who come into my store and ask where all the "High Density Tv's are", can also ask if we carry "That Zoom thing?"
 
Top