VOOM Yahoogroups comes to SatelliteGuys!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is great Scott, thanks! The only reason I ever go to the Voom Yahoo group is to see what Wilt has to say. Now I can just scan through all the posts here and look for his entries without leaving the sat guys site. Sweet. :D

Yeah. Great idea. If Wilt won't come on his own free will - Scott will just drag him here. I love it.

P.S. Anyone know how to wipe every last morsel of our participation in the Yahoo Group out of the cyberworld forever, or will we have to put up with all of the spam and virus emails for the rest of our life since we once were stupid and exposed ourselves?

ricks said:
Anyone know how to wipe every last morsel of our participation in the Yahoo Group out of the cyberworld forever, or will we have to put up with all of the spam and virus emails for the rest of our life since we once were stupid and exposed ourselves?
For starters, you can stop posting new messages other than through this new Gateway. This should prevent further exposure. You can also delete your old messages from Yahoo, but this won't help too much since those messages have already been sent to hundreds of subscribers and your email address is already listed on hundreds of computers waiting for a computer virus to come and steal it :(

Nice work!

Very nice work there Scotto! Thanks so much for this. I HATED posting over there!!!! (Due to the UI sucking)

The Rickster

This is sooooo much easier for me to read than the Yahoo group! Thank you Scott!

BTW I should note (and this is VERY IMPORTANT) that many people are unsubscribing from the VOOM Yahoogroup however they are still getting email from the VOOM Yahoogroup.

Sometimes it takes YAHOOGROUPS up to 24 hours to stop sending you email.

SatelliteGuys.US DOES NOT send you VOOM emails (unless you subscribed to a specific VOOM thread)

This is a problem with YAHOOGROUPS and not a problem because of the SatelliteGuys YAHOO Gateway. Unfortunetly the emails will stop coming from the Yahoogroups when they stop, there is nothing I can do personally nor anything the Yahoogroups VOOM moderator to stop the emails from coming. Again they will stop within 24 hours.

This is another reason why Yahoogroups on SatelliteGuys is the best choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts