Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

Anyone have any experience with the installer "Showtime" in the NY Metro area?

I just went ahead and scheduled my Voom install. The company scheduled to do my install is called "Showtime". I am scheduled for Monday 8/2. Anyone else use these guys? If so, how were they? Any advice you can pass along to help things go as smooth as possible would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi:
I am trying to scan for channel WNJB (channel 58) which broadcasts on VHF channel 8. The OTA scanner seems to pause at RF channel 8 but it doesn't add this channel to the list. It may be because VOOM has its own channel listed on channel 8. Has anyone had success picking up this channel with another receiver? I think it broadcasts the same pogramming as channel 50.
Thanks,
Joseph

Hi:
I am trying to scan for channel WNJB (channel 58) which broadcasts on VHF channel 8. The OTA scanner seems to pause at RF channel 8 but it doesn't add this channel to the list. It may be because VOOM has its own channel listed on channel 8. Has anyone had success picking up this channel with another receiver? I think it broadcasts the same pogramming as channel 50.
Thanks,
Joseph

Hi Again:

I got it to tune in. I just had to rotate the antenna to get a stronger signal.

Joseph

Hi:
When I scanned for OTA's tonight I picked up several new subchannels for channels that I already had mapped - specifically I now have 4-2, 11-2, 12-1, and 21-3 that I did not have listed in my guide even though I get 4-1, 11-1, and 21-2 (there is no longer 21-1). Will the program guide information show up for these new channels automatically os do I have to ask for it to be added?
Thanks,
Joseph

Has anyone lost ABCDT. I cant seem to get anything on the ch right now. Just want to see if it is only me. Usually its very steady for me.

Im at work and I just asked my wife to check on ABC for me. Seems like I lost it....it says no sig...which is strange because I had a pretty steady sig on ABC before I scanned for new ch's. When I get home Im going to check the sig meter to see what sig Im getting for ABC. Thanks guys for the info. Maybe with all the rain and wind lately in NY my Ant shifted...looks like Im going up on my roof today.
Went up on my roof when I got home from work....tried to point my Ant for an ABC sig...couldnt lock it in. My sig is the same for all other ch's but ABC's sig is gone. Im very depressed now....Im hoping that its just the trees that is blocking the sig and that it will return in the fall. Now Im another local ch down....add it to NBC, WPIX, WNEt.....ABC had around the same sig as FOX did, but now Fox is the same and ABC is gone. Very depressed. Thank God I have Directv...Im hoping they add all the locals in HD so I could take this crap OTA Ant off my roof.

Acording to S2silber over at AVS "WABC is currently doing work on their transmitter tower on the Conde Nast building. They're at low power until the work is completed, which will probably be toward the end of next week. You may even see a little more juice at that time. Oh, and this is unrelated to the combiner project except insofar as the combiner's been delayed so often that they had to get on with this upgrade." I was receiving ABCDT at around 45-50 sig. The low power that they are running at knocked me down enough where it isnt coming in anymore.

Anyone get a sig and picture from the WB? I know that you need a VHF Ant which I do not have. But is anyone picking them up and what Ant do you have?

WABCDT is back to the power that they were before they started working on their transmitter. Alot of people , including myself , had lost ABC or experienced a sig loss during the last couple of weeks ...but now all is good. And Im ready for some football...Monday night style.

It looks like WNJN channel 50-3 (HD feed) is doing SoundStage. Right now they are showing the previous show and not this week show. Since NJN is so heavily muticast (5 subchannels including the HD fee) it heavily pixelates on minimal fast action or movement.

Since huge ch intervals are black between 1-100 for me (on all STBs), I'd like to find some official/unofficial list of available NYC OTA mapping (I'm in Brooklyn, Park Slope, building is 3 story high) - is there anything like that?

Here's a starting list. It does not include channel 13 PBS. Most don't get channel 13 in NYC.

uhf WPXN-DT 30.1 PAX NEW YORK NY 30
uhf WNYW-DT 5.1 FOX New York NY 44
uhf WNYW-DT 5.2 UPN New York NY 44
uhf WXTV-DT 41.1 UNI PATERSON NJ 40
uhf WNBC-DT 4.1 NBC New York NY 28
uhf WCBS-DT 2.1 CBS New York NY 56
uhf WABC-DT 7.1 ABC New York NY 45
uhf WRNN-DT 48.1 IND KINGSTON NY 48
vhf WPIX-DT 11.1 WB NEW YORK NY 12
vhf WFUT-DT 68.1 TFA NEWARK NJ 6 53
uhf WLIW-DT 21.1 PBS Garden City NY 22
uhf WFME-DT 66.1 REL WEST MILFORD 29
uhf WNJN-DT 50.1 New Jersey 52

Sean Mota said:
Here's a starting list. It does not include channel 13 PBS. Most don't get channel 13 in NYC.

uhf WPXN-DT 30.1 PAX NEW YORK NY 30
uhf WNYW-DT 5.1 FOX New York NY 44
uhf WNYW-DT 5.2 UPN New York NY 44
uhf WXTV-DT 41.1 UNI PATERSON NJ 40
uhf WNBC-DT 4.1 NBC New York NY 28
uhf WCBS-DT 2.1 CBS New York NY 56
uhf WABC-DT 7.1 ABC New York NY 45
uhf WRNN-DT 48.1 IND KINGSTON NY 48
vhf WPIX-DT 11.1 WB NEW YORK NY 12
vhf WFUT-DT 68.1 TFA NEWARK NJ 6 53
uhf WLIW-DT 21.1 PBS Garden City NY 22
uhf WFME-DT 66.1 REL WEST MILFORD 29
uhf WNJN-DT 50.1 New Jersey 52
Thank you very much!

As soon as I got home, I'll match my STBs against it. :)
When I do a manual search, it found lot of NJN station - if I keep this list, it'll be added to my current listing or replace the overlapping channels?

For everyone in the New York metro area and NJ area...the long awaited combiner is rumored to be starting construction and hook up. Two people on AVS wrote that their contacts have said that the combiners "plumbing" is being installed. It could only mean good things ahead for New Yorkers and their OTA woes. The combiner should include CBS, NBC, Fox, UPN, WB, WNET, and ABC. But when the combiner goes on-line not all of those Ch's will be on the combiner from the start. I'm hoping that by the end of this year ....or sooner , things will look alot better for OTA sigs in our area.

T2k said:
Thank you very much!

As soon as I got home, I'll match my STBs against it. :)
When I do a manual search, it found lot of NJN station - if I keep this list, it'll be added to my current listing or replace the overlapping channels?

It is cummulative... so it will be added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)