Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

No

I just got voom on sat and i'm having this prob too:-(i really wanted pbs,and pbs kids for the little ones

No one can. Channel 13 is low power and their antenna is pointing towards NJ. I believe that the rumor is that this year or early next year they will move to the ESB.

Try to see if you can get WLIW (no HD channel, 13 owns it and took it off the air, bastards) or WJNJ channel 50. I get my PBS from CT WEDW or WJNJ 50.

I've signing up to Voom, and had some questions. This is an install in Western Suffolk County, and I had questions about Voom OTA reception. Currently, I know WCBS-DT, WNBC-DT, WNYW-DT, WABC-DT, WWOR-DT, and WPIX-DT are on the ESB combiner. Is there an antenna that can pick up the direction for those networks, and be able to pick up WLNY-DT (TV 55) and WLIW-DT? Would you recommend an antenna model, and advise me on how to get Voom to install it? What is the best antenna offered by Voom BTW?

I wanted to know which multidirectional antenna, would help me receive these channels in my area:

WCBS-DT 2.1 CBS NEW YORK NY 291° 33.7 56
WLNY-DT 57.1 IND RIVERHEAD NY 70° 26.8 57
WFTY-DT 67.1 TFA SMITHTOWN NY 69° 24.9 23

Is there a way to get Voom to run a cable down from the antenna to the boxes without the diplexor? Would they also amp/preamp it? Do you know if they'd run the cable into my basement, and up through the floor without incurring extra charges? (It's not going to be strung through the walls, the basement ceiling is exposed beams.)

Would they mount the dish and antenna to my chimney, versus my roof? Will that cost extra? Can I get that free?

Does Voom include VHF antennas with their installs? I'm curious because AFAIK, the UHF assignments are not permanent, and stations could return to VHF stations between 5-13.

I thank you for your time. My install is due for March 26. Hopefully, I won't lose my locals.

Sean Mota said:
Best advise is to look at www.antennaweb.org to see the distance and direction of your location. Go to antennaweb select digital only and post here the information.

I did, and posted the data of the ESB Combiner networks, as well as the two channels I also wanted to pick up. I was hoping, based on those stats, someone could recommend a brand/type/model antenna capable of acquiring those signals. The antenna would be supplied (I hope) by Voom themselves, and I wanted info on how to make sure I got them to cover it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)