Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

Hi:
Is 11-1 now permanently on UHF instead of VHF channel 12. I re-scanned last night and picked it up at the new RF.

When is channel 13 scheduled to join the new combiner?

At one point last night if I selected "ALL HD" with the VOOM button I had 45 different channels showing something in HD.

Yes. on 33 UHF. The VOOM box should be able to pick this one. As of channel 13 it will be another year last time I read.

Weird how you can pick up the sig for ch 38 if you input it directly ...but then when you scan the receiver doesnt recognize the sig. They should be able to fix this easily.

vinnyv07 said:
Weird how you can pick up the sig for ch 38 if you input it directly ...but then when you scan the receiver doesnt recognize the sig. They should be able to fix this easily.

I don't know channel 9.1 was on all day today and I cannot tune it through the VOOM box at all. Very frustrating. :mad:

Big News !!!!!!!!!!

I just did a scan and channel 9.1 and 9.2 mapped on my VOOM box. I now can get channel 38 on 9.1 and 9.2. Everyone in the NYC area should do a scan.

No problem... The PG information will come but it takes a little longer since Tribunes is the one that populates it. Can't wait to see Star Trek in HD!

Same here did a scan....and ch 38 came up...no info on the PG. Thanks Sean for alerting VOOM about our little problem.

NBCDT coming in strong here in Staten Island. I have a sig of 93 and I never had a sig before now. Add NBC to the combiner !!! In 5.1 and looking very good.

Dish Size

Hi, Happy holidays to everyone,
I am a current E* customer and planning to switch to Voom. I have read a lot about the Voom's dish size. Any recently have Voom dish installed? Do you know what size of dish should I expect (was told 35" by 20" by Harry Berkowitz's article)? I live in freehold area (about 40 miles from NYC). What OTA antenna should I expect V* to provide? I don't want to end up with calling them back.

ESB Reception

I am in Wilton, Ct. I think my OTA antenna is a Winegard Sensar (i.e. bat wing) provided as the standard Voom installation. I am receiving ABC, 7.1 and 7.2, the most reliably and CBS 2.1 with somewhat less reliability. Fox and UPN, 5.1 and 5.2, only sporadically. The rest are no shows. I did some research today and think I have discovered my OTA antenna is not pointed correctly. It seems to be aligned due South or at 180 degrees. Based upon my research on the web I believe the ESB tower is at 231 degrees from my location. I assume that re-aiming would improve my reception. Anyone have any thoughts?

Looking better...

Well, last night I was able to receive NJN. First time I've seen this. However, I was unable to receive NBC (again). Anyone know if they're doing anything strange with NBC?

Also, what's up with ABC showing the game last night in SD!!?? Heck, it was the ESPN feed anyway and that was in HD! I just don't get the decisions by these stations...

Sean, have they started the DMA mapping test yet? I seem to have a bunch of channels in my pg I didn't notice before. If so, have they sent any info out on exactly they'd like us to check out?

Thanks.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Well, last night I was able to receive NJN. First time I've seen this. However, I was unable to receive NBC (again). Anyone know if they're doing anything strange with NBC?

Also, what's up with ABC showing the game last night in SD!!?? Heck, it was the ESPN feed anyway and that was in HD! I just don't get the decisions by these stations...

Sean, have they started the DMA mapping test yet? I seem to have a bunch of channels in my pg I didn't notice before. If so, have they sent any info out on exactly they'd like us to check out?

Thanks.

The Rickster

Rick not sure if Super DMA mapping has been set. I haven't checked my stb in two days.

On another note. If you have UPN on your PG do not re-scan because you will lose it. According to WWOR engineers they are not generating PSIP data and it will be impossible to get it back. Somehow we were able to get it. I do not know if it still there (UPN). I haven't checked since over the holidays I did not check. See this thread for details.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=41092

I have informed Voom engineers about this and see if it can be resolved by making WWOR part of the NY mapping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts