Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

Just remember to press SAVE after you pick the ch's up when you scan. I forgot to SAVE and the ch's didnt show up.

Yes.I forgot that the first time and it didnt save into my locals. I was almost crying. Ever seen a grown man cry? It isnt a pretty site.

LOL.. real men don't cry..
Thought I had done that but I willl try again.
So you then see the old and the new in the PG correct...

Any word?

Any word on how the testing on the combiner is going? I've been receiving ABC for a while now but last night it was in and out. Just wondering if they stopped testing for a while or something last night.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Any word on how the testing on the combiner is going? I've been receiving ABC for a while now but last night it was in and out. Just wondering if they stopped testing for a while or something last night.

The Rickster

On my end ...I scanned last night and ABC and FOX were in the 90's...and that never was for me. Even WPIX had a little more juice for me. Very happy about this...but now lets bring on UPN and NBC to finish things out.

OK...Here we go.....UPNDT is testing their sig as we speak. Its on again off again. If you scan and it is on , the ch should scan at ch 38 and get remapped to 9-1 and 9-2. Good News again for the NY area.

I scanned and I got nothing...went back to AVS and everyone seemed to be getting a sig with no picture. So after scanning again I inputted 38 and received a sig of 91 for the ch. Pressed save but the VOOM receiver doesnt seem to pick up the ch. Strange. I did a full scan again and ...again nothing for ch 38. Why?

Sean,

We need your help here. VOOM will not scan 9-1 into the mapping. I have another OTA tuner and I can scan it in at 90% yet VOOM skips the channel when scanning. Could you please alert VOOM to map the channel for us. Need this ASAP, because VOOM may not be around long enough.

Thanks

Lucky said:
Sean,

We need your help here. VOOM will not scan 9-1 into the mapping. I have another OTA tuner and I can scan it in at 90% yet VOOM skips the channel when scanning. Could you please alert VOOM to map the channel for us. Need this ASAP, because VOOM may not be around long enough.

Thanks

Same here, channel 38 at signal strength 98 or 99 but not added in the scan. Help, please!

P.S. Scan detects both the old WPIX (VHF 12) and the new WPIX (UHF 33). How can one tell which underlying channel the VOOM box is actually using?

Yeah, something is messed up here with channel 38 (9-1). I have scanned it three times and cannot get it to map on the VOOM box. I think the only way is for VOOM to map the channel for us. Sean, we need your help please.

guys, I am on it. I did the scan and although 38 comes with a signal of 98 the box does not decodes. It must be that the signal is missing the PSIP information. Channel 33 does get recorded. I will let the engineers that they need to add 38 to our mapping. I did not accepted the scan for wpix since they are transmitting at 11 and 12 still. On channel 33 does it give you the PGI or not?

Sean,

If this helps, I have an OTA scanner built in to one of my TV's and channel 38 scans in perfectly and remaps to channel 9-1 and 9-2. Yet, the VOOM box recognizes the channel but refuses to map it into the channel list. Wouldn't the fact that it maps channel 38 to channel 9-1 on my other built in OTA tuner indicate that the PSIP information is there ? I think VOOM simply needs to map channel 38 for us, since it does not scan.

I have the E* 6000 receiver and I was able to scan it without any problems. I am watching it right now. They have Veronica Mars in HD!

Sean Mota said:
I have the E* 6000 receiver and I was able to scan it without any problems. I am watching it right now. They have Veronica Mars in HD!

Yeah, it something with the mapping on VOOM, because I can get it with my other OTA decoder, too. Did you send the information to VOOM so they can map it ? I would like to get it on all my TV's.

One thing I noticed is that when you do a scan channel 5-2 comes up as WWOR-DT. Maybe the VOOM box gets confused when it finds a second WWOR-DT on channel 38 and will not map it. Maybe if they remove channel 5-2, channel 38 will map as WWOR-DT. Just an idea. Maybe this will help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)