Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

CBS-2 has really gone bad big fluctuations in signal,getting ch then not..#'s bouncing 95=50 this is getting annoying wonder if this effects the IO people who get the networks over cable HD..this is not Voom's fault but may drive me away..to frustrating

rang1995 said:
CBS-2 has really gone bad big fluctuations in signal,getting ch then not..#'s bouncing 95=50 this is getting annoying wonder if this effects the IO people who get the networks over cable HD..this is not Voom's fault but may drive me away..to frustrating
Try to hold on rang1995...the combiner is right around the corner and will make everything in NY and NJ alright.

I just read this in the avsforum :

WCBS-DT is currently operating through the combiner.
WWOR-DT may be on the air Thursday.
WPIX-DT and WNBC-DT on the air relatively soon thereafter.
WABC-DT by the end of the year.
WNET-DT sometime next year.

This means channels 9.1 and 11.1 should be back on Thursday and shortly thereafter. WPIX-DT will be on UHF channel 33 and WWOR-DT should be on UHF channel 38. My question is how do we alert VOOM to map these channels in our program guide ? Anyone know how to alert them to the change in our locals ?

Sean Mota said:
I'll send them the information just in case.

Thanks, Sean. It would be nice to have program information on the guide on channels 9-1 and 11-1. And Congratulations on your honor. :)

They have been tracking the progress on the combiner. They may not be able to get the PG for the get go for WWOR and WPIX but we can alway scan them to get them. However, this information has been sent to Tribune so that they can start working on the PG information.

It would be nice to watch Star Trek Ent on UPN on friday night. Lets keep our collective fingures crossed.

Sean Mota said:
They have been tracking the progress on the combiner. They may not be able to get the PG for the get go for WWOR and WPIX but we can alway scan them to get them. However, this information has been sent to Tribune so that they can start working on the PG information.

Sean, so I guess when the channels start transmitting all we need to do is do a channel scan and they should come in. Correct ?

I just thought of something else. If we do a channel scan, channel 11.1 will be mapped to UHF channel 33. Yet VOOM's channel mapping has channel 11.1 mapped to VHF channel 12. How will the box know which channel to tune ? Will one channel contradict the other ? Will we now have 2 channel 11.1's in our channel lineup ? How would this work ?

Lucky said:
Sean, so I guess when the channels start transmitting all we need to do is do a channel scan and they should come in. Correct ?

According to what I am told is that the scan function has the RF channels 33 for WPIX already. 11 & 12 are complete different RF which are hardcoded to get PGI. I think 33 will show up as long as it can find PSIP information and a signal.

when you talk about doing a scan to get the latest from the combiner, are you referring to the voom set up screen that has the option to scan for OTA channels? if so, is it necessary to go through all the steps in the set up to update the OTA channels.

thanks and sorry if this is a remedial question.

rajbir,

welcome to the forum. Yes, this is what I mean. Don't do it yet because WWOR and WPIX are not up yet in their new RF channels. We will post when these come in the air.

BIG NEWS!!!!!!! WPIX IS ON THE AIR RIGHT NOW AT 1/4 POWER!!!. Just did a scan and Im getting WPIX on ch 33...and a sub ch as well.....good news is here!!!
PS------After scanning I couldnt tune ch 33 in for some reason....on the scan I was getting an 85 so maybe it cant tune the ch in. Either way its on and Im getting a sig on the ch. Im trying again right now.

I didnt save after I scanned the first time!!!! It was remapped to 11-1 and 11-2 and the Ch info works!!! The combiner does exsist...I REPEAT THE COMBINER DOES EXSIST!!! Also its in 5.1 sound.!!!!

That's great news. There are still transmitting at frequencies 11 and 12 because I haven't done the scan and I am still getting them with the mapping.

After you do a scan should you see them in the PG? I scanned and all were picked up the old and the new. But I do not see the new in the PG..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)