Voom's PG is gone - Don't reboot if you don't have to.

Scotty said:
first I lost the call letters from the channel number section of the info bar at the bottom of the screen but still had program guide details. Now I've completely lost the program guide details. No more show info. It all just says (no info).

Hey Scotty, must be us Pittsburgh people :D I lost call letters, then every single channel had "no info" for about 3 hours. It cleared up at about 9:35pm

Well, I lost everything, no signal on any of the channels except for my locals around 9:35 this evening. Just finished watching Cold Mountain on DVD, and still not up. Whats up with this??

I had to do a reboot (even unplugged and plugged the receiver back in) after the picture froze due to what I'm hoping was rain fade. I have no guide either and I did the reboot at 5pm. I still have no guide data.

Cyre, did you reboot? Did you unplug wait a minute and plug in? I lost signal a couple times yesterday for no aparent reason, it was a clear day. I had to reboot a couple times to get the signal back each time.

Well, the guide info didn't last long. It's gone again.

That will seriously suck if we have to wait for the new software before the guide comes back up, I am going to run out of paper from printing the zap2it every few hours. This needs to be fixed, I will stick it out but they will lose even more customers if this is not resolved soon.

bryan27 said:
Hey Scotty, must be us Pittsburgh people :D I lost call letters, then every single channel had "no info" for about 3 hours. It cleared up at about 9:35pm

Mine never cleared up last night, but I did notice on my upstairs receiver, which hadn't been rebooted, that the program info was still there. I haven't checked the downstairs receiver yet. No new software upstairs though, so I'm sure "Barbara" must not have been talking about the new STB upgrade software, probably just some software that distributes the program guide back at the voom facilities.

:no

bryan27 said:
Cyre, did you reboot? Did you unplug wait a minute and plug in? I lost signal a couple times yesterday for no aparent reason, it was a clear day. I had to reboot a couple times to get the signal back each time.

Well, the guide info didn't last long. It's gone again.

I did do that before I went to bed last night, didnt work, tried again this morning, finally worked, so now at least I get the channels now, but not PG info. this sux, man, I hope this gets fixed fast...

Maybe things are getting worked out on vooms end, i have a PG now...

After reading Cyre's post I reboted on the off chance that the guide would return. It did sort of. I got guide info for 11:30am EDT, but 12:00pm onward was "no info." I guess at Noon I'll have to reboot to see what is on from 12:00-12:30 :)

nope

Sean Mota said:
I had to split the two threads. Did anybody get their PG today?

VooM Natzi says, "No Guide for you!" :neener

After CSR promised it would be fixed by this morning, I still have no guide. So this am, I am trying a reset with the device left off (in standby). Upstairs unit still has a guide.

I stil don't have a guide since late last night. If I reboot again, will it return?

I just spoke with a Voom CSR and she said that this is a known issue that's hitting everyone across the country. She said Voom is working on a fix right now. She took down my box info on the help and info screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)