Voom's PG is gone - Don't reboot if you don't have to.

after a month or 2 with no lockups i have been getting more and more just by using the channel up or down...hope new software helps

I may be all wet..(and I haven't been watching PBHD) but it seems that they are doing some changes. Hopefully it has to do with the softwear upgrade. Also if They expect to have the new bird operational by October, shouldn't the dish upgrades be starting soon? Not part of this thread but I know Sean will be helpful. I may have my issues with VOOM but I am for sticking it out.

gutter,
It does not help to reboot v must hit your box .did mine at 11:30 no problems since they hit my box yesterday and was no help,but today did the trick.

I just unpugged and plugged my box back in and it started downloading the PG, so try that if you still have no info.

I can't believe that you guys got a panic attack upon losing your program guide tempororarily ( has also happened to me with cable or DirecTV ) that you wouldn't simply go to the VOOM guide online and print it out. What happens when you don't get your morning newspaper? You mean you don't turn on the radio and get the news? Hello!

Panic Attack

No panic attack. I lost not only the PG but have no sat signal. Nothing. But I have DishNet but I do miss my Voom. Anyone know what's going on?

Hawkshaw said:
No panic attack. I lost not only the PG but have no sat signal. Nothing. But I have DishNet but I do miss my Voom. Anyone know what's going on?

Losing the signal is a more serious problem than losing the PG. Did you try the unplug/plug routine? What's your satellite signal quality number on the system setting? Did the dish move?

Re-Boot

Sean,

Thanks for the reply. I had my wife reboot the Voom Box. I now have a signal, but according to her its going from 50 to 94. Clear day, no wind. As far as I know the dish has not moved. It's on the roof and I don't see how it could have moved. I have a service call today to swap out the OTA antenna. Hopefully both problems will be addressed.

Again, thanks
Hawk

I haven't rebooted my stb, but when I was scrolling out to set timers, I noticed that the guide cutoff at around 9:30 am today.

It finally happened to me last night. All the info was gone on the PG and the box locked up. I pulled the plug to reset the box and all was well after about a half hour. That was only my second lock-up (installed in May), so I feel pretty lucky compared to some of the others who post in this forum.

I just got home from work and guess what, np PG. So what is the way to get it back. Unplug/Plug or reboot?

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (VOOM Customer Care) - 07/12/2004 07:21 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
I certainly apologize for any inconvenience this problem has caused you. The
program guide was down this weekend due to the new firmware updates. Your guide
should have come online now if not, try doing a hard boot on your receiver by
unplugging it for one minute. Your program guide should come on in 45 min to an
hour. If you still do not receive your program guide please call us at
1-800-GET-VOOM, and one of our customer support agents will be happy to assist
you. Once again thank you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!
Jennifer Bernsdorf
VOOM Email Support

Called Voom last night at 11 pm and got what sounded like a computer geek(thank God for geeks!), he was very helpful in getting my guide back, he had me unplug it for about a minute, hit the box and bingo, the guide was back up after a few minutes! Just keep calling Voom until you get someone who sounds like they own a collection of pocket protectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts