VP722k won't work on subscribed channels after setting unused for a few months.

Craigster

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Idaho
I have a VP722K receiver that has not been used for several months. Subscription is current. When I try to use it now it will not let me view any of my subscribed channels. I can not even get the program guide to come up. It will load the interactive game, but that is all. Signal is strong, over 100 on both 110 and 119 sats. Tried power off and reset. Talked with Dish phone support, who could barely speak English. No joy. Help please.

I have a VP722K receiver that has not been used for several months. Subscription is current. When I try to use it now it will not let me view any of my subscribed channels. I can not even get the program guide to come up. It will load the interactive game, but that is all. Signal is strong, over 100 on both 110 and 119 sats. Tried power off and reset. Talked with Dish phone support, who could barely speak English. No joy. Help please.

If you send me a PM I would be happy to help.

How long have you had it hooked up and working to a live line again since you put it back in service? I had this exact thing happen but on a different model receiver. I left it hooked up and running but turned off and no timers firing for 24 hrs and it regained all normal function when I tried it after that.

With the rec plugged in, turn off both tuners overnite.
This should let it download any software updates since you stopped using it.
Contact cust service the next day to reauthorize the rec. Just tell them it has been unhooked for several months and needs reactivated.

With the rec plugged in, turn off both tuners overnite.
This should let it download any software updates since you stopped using it.
Contact cust service the next day to reauthorize the rec. Just tell them it has been unhooked for several months and needs reactivated.

Or, like has been already suggested let DIRT do it for ya....... :)

as for the question....nowadays a couple 3 days out of the stream and it loses authorization

funny thing is when my dad did that to his receiver (he unplugged it for days at a time to "save money") when I chatted with Dish they knew what receiver it was...and fixed it within 5 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)