W5 dropping out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Attached are a few shots of the dish and feed horn setup.

I've tried a new cable - no change.

Attachments

• IMG_5171-(Small)2.jpg
    IMG_5171-(Small)2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5172 (Small).jpg
    IMG_5172 (Small).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5173 (Small).jpg
    IMG_5173 (Small).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5174 (Small).jpg
    IMG_5174 (Small).jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 117
I'll ask again how did you set your f/d ?

The LNB's look like new ones, since your saying the picture just drops out and you've tested about everything, I'm thinking the only thing left is you might have defective LNB's, and this is only from a process of elimination.
The best way to get to the bottom of this odd problem is install a different feedhorn, install it and see if the symptoms change, doesn't matter type your just looking for a possible change and best would be no failure.

Have you every used this dish before without the dual setup?

Last edited:
I inherited the dish, I didn't set the f/d (sorry I didn't mention that before).

I changed the LNBs and the cabling at the beginning of the year because a storm took them (and my DSR922) out Terminator style.

I've never used it without the dual setup, not sure if it was before.

I have a Corator with Ku/C capability complete with polarizer so I may through that in and give it a go.

Thanks!

I'll ask again how did you set your f/d ?

The LNB's look like new ones, since your saying the picture just drops out and you've tested about everything, I'm thinking the only thing left is you might have defective LNB's, and this is only from a process of elimination.
The best way to get to the bottom of this odd problem is install a different feedhorn, install it and see if the symptoms change, doesn't matter type your just looking for a possible change and best would be no failure.

Have you every used this dish before without the dual setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)