W5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Since we not longer get updates from Motorola so we can't do a master reset to move W5 from the program satlllite list to the active satillite list, is there any other way to do this?

Since we not longer get updates from Motorola so we can't do a master reset to move W5 from the program satlllite list to the active satillite list, is there any other way to do this?
Go to Program Satellites,highlight W5,move dish to the right position(note the suggested position isn't necessarily the right one),press Go Back to save,then Enter to save.W5 is now programmed in.
A Master Reset will not program in any sats,in fact after doing a MR you have to program in all the sats that you want.As long as the tile is in the Program Sats list you can make active any sat you want,in any position you want as far as that goes.In any you do NOT want to do a MR anymore,if the memory is overloaded or otherwise corrupted you'll want to get MapMastered.

Hey thanks Waylew, I will give it a try.

I am confused now. How can the dish be moved from the Program Satellites screen? The rest of your instructions will work for every satellite except W5. When I follow the steps you provide it reverts back to the program satellites screen without entering W5. When Motorola introduced the W5 tile a master reset had to be done so it could be moved from program satellites to satellite select screen. Since Motorola no longer supports the 922 a MR can not be done because all of the information will be lost and you would have to pay out the ying yang to have it restored.

Maybe I am missing something :confused:.

Last edited:
Well I'm confused now too!
So let's start with some questions.
What is your TDT number?Press Options 6-0-5,right arrow to Diagnostics Screen G,tdt# is top row 5th # over,mine for example is 1706.If you see 1920 then you've found your problem.
Do you have the current X4(for HITS)programmed in? If not is X4 in your program satellites list?
Do you have the 922 set for C and Ku lnbs or lnbfs ?Do you have Ku coax hooked to your 922?If yes remove it,there's nothing on Ku for a 922 except the Canadian stuff and that WILL screw up your box.
Simple question,why do you want W5 ?
W5 was created when HITS moved from the old Ku X4 to AMC18@105w,the new X4/W5.A master reset was not required to program in the new sat,unless your tdt was 1920 or the memory was otherwise corrupted.When W5 first appeared it took me all of about 2 minutes to program it in.I've only ever done one MR on my original 922 and that was right before Moto shut us off.W5 was working fine for 2? years before that.

Last edited:
We have the Grandson so I won't be able to get to it for a few days. I want W5 in case we want to subscribe to something. Yes, I have X4 and the DMX channels 900-941. Thanks.

Yes, the TDT number is 1920.

Last edited:
Okay the 1920 is why you can't add W5 and will most likely cause other problems.That being said tho if you already have X4 in there that's what you need to subscribe,not W5.As long as the box has been converted to the HITS stream all you have to do is give SRL or Skyvision a call and you should be able to buy some TV.When you call,have them set up a webSAMS account so you'll be able to order,renew or get rehits right from your computer,any time.
If the 1920 prevents you from from getting authorized,you'll have to send the box off to ATS to get it MapMastered,Or buy the interface cable and do the MM yourself,the instructions on how to can be found here in the MapMaster section.

This is a gimme box. My own box was converted and I have account with webSAMS. I had ESPN Classic for a month just to see if I converted it right. Unfourtantly that revciever got blasted by a power serge. This is a replacement receiver that a friend gave me. I checked into that ATS and I thought they were a bit pricey. I can't remember the exact charge, but the postage was $44.00. I know to some people that isn't very much, but I am retired and to me that a good chunk of money. Thanks for you time and effort. I appreciate it.

Have you tried to get the gimme box authorized?If not go to your websams enter the new receiver number,"buy" the guide for a month,it's free,give it a hit and see what happens.If the guide starts to work you should be able to get programming,if it doesn't,well,it didn't cost anything to find out.
I saw your post in the other section and yeah the shipping is kinda spendy but these boxes are heavy.I don't think it's really that hard to do the MM yourself it just looks that way if you're not a techy kind of guy.I haven't done it myself,haven't needed to,but at some point I'll probably get the stuff and try it.Just not right now as I'm no longer employed so my toy budget pretty much went to hell.:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)