WABC 771 error

Are you a DNS subscriber, or are you "moved"? I have an RV waiver and my WABC still works as of today. Either you were "moved" and they've changed the account flags to only allow the CONUS channels for actual DNS customers, or it was a temporary glitch and your should be working again like mine is now.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few days. Grandfathered DNS goes away for everyone. RV/Trucker/Tailgater access remains if they make a deal with each network. They've signed one with FOX, but I'd say a spotbeam version of ABC going up isn't a good sign for a deal happening there.

WABC is still coming in for me CONUS. I’m on an RV waiver. That’s why I speculate they may have altered the flags.
Odd, the latest transponder ledger shows it on a spot beam. It's supposed to change May 31st, so let's see what happens Monday morning.

Odd, the latest transponder ledger shows it on a spot beam. It's supposed to change May 31st, so let's see what happens Monday morning.

They added a spotbeam version of it and the DC CW station, but they haven't turned off the CONUS versions as of yet. That's why I asked if the original poster was a DNS subscriber or "Moved". If he is "moved" then it could be they're updating the flags so if you are a NY resident you only can access the Spotbeam version now. That's the way Dish does their DNS stations. They're CONUS, but if you don't have the correct "Flag" you can't view them outside of the Spot beam area.

Yeah ....

Since you "moved", therefore it appears you're outside the spotbeam (Beam A1B1 from T11@99W) for the NY market which WABC is duplicated on now and your receiver(s) are programmed to try and tune to for local channel 7 in your guide.

When you tune to channel 390 your receiver(s) are programmed to get the CONUS feed duplicate of WABC still on a nationwide tp. from T11@99W.

The thing is, the CONUS feed may shut-off on or soon after 5/31 ....

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Monday is going to be interesting. Based on the published reports FOX DNS should be able to stay, but the others are still up in the air.

Monday is going to be interesting. Based on the published reports FOX DNS should be able to stay, but the others are still up in the air.

I'm sure they are talking to the others, and we all know from experience these deals usually come down to the wire and sometimes beyond.

But that might not stop them from adding spotbeams anyway, if they have some reason to care about people "moving" to keep their DNS channels. The contracts they sign with the networks might have some clause requiring them to take measures to prevent customers who live outside the DMA from receiving those channels if they aren't allowed DNS channels.

true, but Fox has no streaming service that would compete with AT&T's HBO Max, while NBCUniversal has Peacock, ViacomCBS has CBS All Access and Disney has Disney+ and Hulu. so i think those may play a part in negotiations between the other 3 "Big 4" networks to get DNS for those 12 markets without their DMA's local stations and RV/Truckers.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)