Walgreens music / Store music

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Lots of stores have their own music piped in with their own commercials. Just so happens that Walgreens has something like that. I asked the manager at my local Walgreens if that music came on satellite and they had no clue. It's not Muzac, they play regular music, but it's a special feed with top 40 stuff and Walgreens radio commercials. Any idea on how to find this stuff out? I know...another weird question of mine.

I know where to get Muzac feeds, they show up on some of the sats out there. Local FMs used to use SCA to feed that kind of stuff to stores. I don't know if they do it anymore. Didn't SCA die out in the 90s? Maybe I'm wrong.

SCA = Subcarrier audio

Last edited:
The last time I checked around here(Philadelphia/Cherry Hill, NJ area) the only thing on SCA was foreign language,data, and two elevator music stations. Being nationwide I would assume that they use satellite for their in house radio. I found article indicating that they use Galaxy 11 for their VSAT terminals. That may be a place to start if it is not already encrypted. I have a few in my area, I'll have to see if I can see anything on the roof/wall.

Back in the day when I used to work in a grocery store, The audio feed came from satellite, with the weeks ads and such once a week at a certain time.

It was recorded on some funny looking tape, and played over and over until next week.

That was many many years ago, though, time probably have changed.

The grocery store I worked at over a decade ago, got theirs off of a KU Band dish, I'm not sure of the receiver as I never saw it. It took a very very mean rain to shut down the store's radio.

My work uses satellties not only for music but for internal video broadcasting. It's interesting because we have a schedual and upper management ones say not for others to be in the room :confused: It would be interesting to get that at home but I doubt it's fta...if our main competitor is on there and it's encrypted then we probably are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts