Wally DVR fee

I don’t see it in their interest to do so.
I don’t know about that. Could be a real selling point to be able to advertise that they allow more data streams for families. Imagine how two kids with different tastes and who stay on their phones or I pads would love it ,if they could watch their recorded shows or live Tv using DISH Anywhere app. Parents would save the additional receiver fees and it would bring DISH more in line with what younger people are already doing anyway. Case in point my 17 year old has a 50” 3D hdtv sitting in his room and he prefers to watch tv and Netflix on his phone instead of the Joey that we used to have in his room. We also have the firestick on his tv and he does use it for shows he watches on Amazon and a few other apps.

Reactions: pattykay
Dish predicted response: Make ‘me pay for the convenience.

Not totally without justification.

This kind of shows your previous post in a different light. If you had wanted to be clear, you would have written it as Directv Now instead of Directv now. Because DISH charges $5 for a receiver fee, you're going to a streaming service for your grandmother. That's like saying that since Ford charges too much for cruise control, you're going to take the subway.

For the record, I wasn't directing my comment toward you. There are some on here who complain every time a new fee or price increase comes up, berating the provider as greedy and incompetent. My point was and still is..............it's the bottom line that counts, regardless of how the charges and fees add up to get there. I think you understand that and will make your choices based on that bottom line. So will many others, some of whom have stayed with DISH for many years, bitching the whole time. :)
I'm doing what is best for her and her bottom line. I would gladly pay for her service but she will not have that. So yes $5 for a box that will eventually be $7 is the deal breaker.

Sorry one capital letter caused confusion.

Also people are always going to to complain when prices go up. Its human nature. They love the service but hate the always rising prices. That's why Dish and everyone else is losing subscribers. People are tired of it. So for Dish to add that fee to make up for it boggles the mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Also people are always going to to complain when prices go up. Its human nature. They love the service but hate the always rising prices. That's why Dish and everyone else is losing subscribers. People are tired of it. So for Dish to add that fee to make up for it boggles the mind.

This is where we disagree. Yes, many people are leaving cable and satellite TV for streaming services. Why? Because at least for now streaming TV is cheaper. No question that people like cheaper. However, to say that people are leaving cable and satellite because prices are going up goes against historical facts. Cable and satellite service have always gone up in price, yet people continued to flock to them for 40 years.

People still buy cars, food, utilities, housing, clothing, etc., even though prices continue to go up. The difference is, now a new and cheaper TV service is available and people are cutting the cord to enjoy it, like you will for your grandmother. There's no way that cable and satellite can compete with a service which uses someone else's infrastructure to deliver the service. In the future, some newer service might replace internet streaming, and people will go to it.

Hope your grandmother is happy with DIRECTV NOW. I've heard mixed reviews. It wouldn't work for me at all because I don't have reliable and unlimited internet service.

Reactions: navychop
This is where we disagree. Yes, many people are leaving cable and satellite TV for streaming services. Why? Because at least for now streaming TV is cheaper. No question that people like cheaper. However, to say that people are leaving cable and satellite because prices are going up goes against historical facts. Cable and satellite service have always gone up in price, yet people continued to flock to them for 40 years.

People still buy cars, food, utilities, housing, clothing, etc., even though prices continue to go up. The difference is, now a new and cheaper TV service is available and people are cutting the cord to enjoy it, like you will for your grandmother. There's no way that cable and satellite can compete with a service which uses someone else's infrastructure to deliver the service. In the future, some newer service might replace internet streaming, and people will go to it.

Hope your grandmother is happy with DIRECTV NOW. I've heard mixed reviews. It wouldn't work for me at all because I don't have reliable and unlimited internet service.
Your right but people are leaving now because they have options. Plus many people I know could care less about TV. Some buy a show or 2 off Vudu and are happy with that.

You would think cable and satellite would take that into consideration. They don't. Like you said 40 years of raising prices. Their to arrogant to see this. Same thing happened to the music business.

Look what little T mobile did. Did their own thing making their network better and started kicking ass. I will never forget when some here laughed and said T mobile and unlimited is niche. They will never force the big guys to bring unlimited back. How did that work out?

Then again its TV. No one has to have it. When it gets to expense I'll be done. More people are starting to see that. It's just TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Most the expenses with Arab revolve around the contracts with the channel owners. Big difference than a cell phone company. They do not have to deal with a 3rd party.

Most the expenses with Arab revolve around the contracts with the channel owners. Big difference than a cell phone company. They do not have to deal with a 3rd party.
Fair enough. I was still told T mobile wouldn't change anything. They did.

So my south Asian boss fired me today because this post popped up on my phone as a notification and my boss decided that I'm following a racist forum. So thanks for that and is anyone hiring?

maxresdefault.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)