Wally Not Recording When Change of Channel Is Required

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shannon Lynch

Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Full Time in RV
I have a Wally receiver with a Winegard RTS-40B Satellite Dish system on an RV. It has been working great for a few months. That changed a couple days ago...

The dish allows me to watch all the channels. No problems. When I change channels that requires a satellite change - everything works as it should. I get to the new channel just fine. I can watch previously recorded shows just fine. If I want to record a show on the channel that I'm currently viewing - that works as well. If I set up a future recording on the currently viewed channel, it works as expected.

The problem is when I set up the DVR to record a future show on a channel that is not the currently viewed channel. The dish rotates to the new satellite to get the signal; but it never shows up (Complete Loss of Signal error). This ONLY happens when the channel changes in the process of starting a DVR recording session.

If I go to the settings screen and check the status of the receiver - the channel becomes available in just a few seconds (seems like the Winegard is pointing to the right place and receiving the signal as necessary).

On the status screen I have "System Status: Error" The only issue that is reported is: "Port 3: No signal."
The Satellite Signal Satus for 119, 110, & 129 have green checkmarks.

On the Dish screen, it is switch SW64 with all three satellites switch status next to green checkmarks.

When I go through the Send Status page and perform the Test Signal 12 steps for each of the satellites, they all come back as "Signal Tested" with a green checkmark.

The Winegard people tell me their system is working since I can get to all the channels via the Guide and that it is a receiver problem... Run around here I come!

What, if anything, can anyone make of this scenario? Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)