Wally problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zplugger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Fenton MI.
Took my wally to deer camp and it was sleeping because it was off for 7 months. Log into account and told it to wake reciever,the tv screen went blank because no signal. Can't turn the wally off and it does nothing. Tried unplugging for 15 seconds and still nothing. Has green light on front but it's like the box is dead. Any suggestions? Can dish sent any type signal to fix it or will I have to sent box to dish.

It may of had a firmware update interrupted?
leave it plugged in with a known good signal for a couple of hours to see if it will come back on.
Double check everything is connected properly too.

Reactions: TheKrell
Left on all night, no change. Can't get into home screen, can dish force the update from Thier end if I call

We can certainly help you with any updates to your receiver software. Feel free to start a chat session at mydish.com/support/contact.

Now, you can also always make sure that the cables are tight and secured as well as making sure that the antenna is working properly.

Can Dish send a firmware update to it If I call them. Box is doing nothing, but has green light on front and yellow light on back network plug. Phone service is bad here.

Can Dish send a firmware update to it If I call them. Box is doing nothing, but has green light on front and yellow light on back network plug. Phone service is bad here.
I am assuming that you are using an HDMI cable to connect the Wally to your TV. If so, try using the yellow, red, and white audio/video cables instead. If you still do not get a picture from that input on the TV, then the Wally is dead. You will need a replacement receiver.

I will try that and see what happens. I had to buy the wally first time, only used it two times in last year. If dish won't fix it I will Probaly cancel the thing.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)