Walmart Magnavox $128

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
So I was walking in WalMart (Nampa, Id) yesterday and just happened to walk through the electronic section. They had a good 20 or so of the Manavox blu-ray players there on sale for $128. I am not sure if this is a nation wide thing or not, but if you are looking for a no frills blu-ray player ... now might be the time to go to your local WalMart.

FYI

I have an earlier model from Magnavox, and it works fine. Not as good software as the Sony, but a fraction of the price. Of course dfergie also had one, and his turned into a toaster. :)

I got this last Christmas. I have not thrown a lot of BR at it ... with what I have ... it has done a great job! Again, for a no frills BR entry machine ... this is hard to beat ...

This player is now $98 at my local (New Orleans area) Wal-Marts. I think I will hold out for a good deal on a better player down the road (Panny, Black Friday?) ;)

This player is now $98 at my local (New Orleans area) Wal-Marts. I think I will hold out for a good deal on a better player down the road (Panny, Black Friday?) ;)

A friend saw it for $98 in Rockford. I don't patronize Wal Mart.

Anyone know the difference between the $98 Magnavox and the $148 Philips ? The front-panels have the tray and buttons in identical location though they have different faceplates. The give-away is the back-panel: Every single connector is layed out exactly the same. The $98 model does NOT have an ethernet port though (no BD Live ?).

Anyone know the difference between the $98 Magnavox and the $148 Philips ? The front-panels have the tray and buttons in identical location though they have different faceplates. The give-away is the back-panel: Every single connector is layed out exactly the same. The $98 model does NOT have an ethernet port though (no BD Live ?).

Both are manufactured by Funai so they are basically the same player. The only major difference is the Philips can play BD Live.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)