Walmart selling Compaq Presario laptop for $298

I use my pc heavily. I have 39 web pages alone opened up right now and my computer still runs very fast. It has a dual core processor and 2 GB of memory. I am running XP (it came with Vista) because XP takes less memory to operate. The laptop is a little over two years old and runs great. No problems. Other computers I have bought in the past even if I bought the higher priced ones they would eventually in a few years time start to really slow down and I would not even open up this many pages but this one does a LOT better. This one cost me over $1400 though. I am sure the new ones out now for around $500 probably run just as good. That $300 one does not have the dual core processor.

This machine looks a lot like the compaq I bought my son last October (for $450). He uses it every day and it hasbeen a pretty solid machine. $298 is a great price.

I figure it won't impact the price of netbooks because the market for them is different; its for portability; and not for actual work in a real meaningful sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)