Want PA locals instead of NY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Matamoras PA
I live in Matamoras, PA. Matamoras is serviced by cablevision, which is all NY channels for locals. I would love to receive the Scranton locals from PA, with the NY locals. BlueRidge cable does this over in the Milford area. You get both PA and NY locals.
I would really like the PA locals, for news and weather that is more about where I live. Does anyone know if I can get the PA locals, since I do live in the state?

Matamoras is part of the NYC DMA. Because of that, all you can reecive with a Matamoras address is NYC locals. You could think of 'moving' to a Scranton address and receive all of the Wilkes Barre locals, but none of them are in HD.

What do I do, just call them up and give them a address in the Scranton area,and sign up for online bill pay? I found this site, and it claims the locals are in HD. Can anyone confirm this?

/http://www.dish-systems.com/hdtv/dish_network_hd_locals_wilkes_barre_scranton_pennsylvania.php

They are in HD but you might want to check to make sure the spotbeam covers you area with enough signal. Use TheList link in my signature to find out where they are. You can't go by the maps on 61.5 as dish as adjusted the satellite since the beam data was filed...so check with the Point Dish screen.

Once you change to that transponder on 61.5... you have to make sure it says Spotbeam over the transponder selection box and says LOCKED at the bottom. If it doesn't then consider it zero.

Go to TheList in my signature... go to 61.5 and search for scranton, click on the beam and it will show you all the channels and transponder number.

OK, thanks for walking me through it. It seems like it should be fine. It is on spotbeam 3, and is available according to the map. So now do I call dish and tell them what I am trying to do, or should I say that I am moving?

OK, thanks for walking me through it. It seems like it should be fine. It is on spotbeam 3, and is available according to the map. So now do I call dish and tell them what I am trying to do, or should I say that I am moving?

You can't go by the map...they moved the satellite so the maps are off now....only on 61.5 did they do this.

Check the Transponder with your point dish screen (Menu 6, 1, 1). Change to 61.5, and the transponder for your locals. Make sure the word transponder changes to Spotbeam and it shows Green and Locked on the signal bar. Otherwise you are not in the spotbeam.

Alright, so I tried this, and I seem to be getting no signal, with transponder 03, so i guess that I am out of luck?
I did fail to mention that I have a single dish system, which is on the eastern arc. Don't know if that matters at all. Seems weird that I would be less than 1 hr away from Srcanton area, and not be able to pick up their signal.

wrong tp

Alright, so I tried this, and I seem to be getting no signal, with transponder 03, so i guess that I am out of luck?
I did fail to mention that I have a single dish system, which is on the eastern arc. Don't know if that matters at all. Seems weird that I would be less than 1 hr away from Srcanton area, and not be able to pick up their signal.

Scranton PA is on tp 07 not on 03. Spotbeam 03 is not the same as tp 03 you are confusing the two.

Ok so I put 07 in the transponder spot and the word switches to spotbeam, and I get a signal. That means I am good to go?

Hemi, I see that you are in Wayne County. Do you get Scranton or NYC locals?
How do I go about moving? Do I just call Dish and tell them what I am trying to do, or do I have to make it like I have really moved, make up a Scranton address, and go with all paperless billing?

How do I go about moving? Do I just call Dish and tell them what I am trying to do, or do I have to make it like I have really moved, make up a Scranton address, and go with all paperless billing?

Hello Dish?
Hi. I need to change the address on the account. I moved and there is already a dish there and working. I get all the channels I should. So I need to change the address but please keep the billing address the same.

rep will ask for new address....

I always have them (DIsh) verify the addresses (both physical and billing)

After they change then I play stupid and say "so now does my local market change?" and they should change the locals. May take a reboot to get them to stick. You do not need to go paperless. The bill will come to your mailing address.

I just did this with my Directv account and since the address from market A to market B was 60 miles I threw in the "I got a new job and moved"...then when you make sure the billing address is right use the "I still own the home there"...worked like a charm ;)

Now to make sure you are on Eastern Arc right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)