Want to add receiver with specific requests....

Sponge14

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
So right now I have a 722 receiver that I have output 1 using HDMI to my Plasma TV. I have the TV 2 output split to 3 other TV's in my house (yes, they all watch the same thing.)

Here is my problem. I am moving the plasma TV I have now into the bedroom and buying a bigger LCD screen. Obviously if I run coax cable from the TV 2 output like I am now, the picture will be horrid. So I am thinking of adding another receiver. The issue I run into is that I would rather not pay for another HD DVD with all the fees associated with it, but is there an easy way to network maybe a non-DVR HD receiver so that I can stream recordings from my 722 receiver to the TV in the bedroom that will now just have the HD receiver? How is everyone else handling multiple HD TV's in the same house? Are people really buying multiple HD DVR's???

One solution is the 211k. Buy it from a 3rd party reseller for less than $100 usually. Fee is $7/month (I think), do the one-time $40 EHD fee and you have a single tuner HDDVR without much extra expense.

Or if you need the flexibility of a dual tuner (but not dual TV support), then the 612 on lease is a good way to go. $10/month for the 612 makes is a bit more affordable.

Either way gets you HD without a horrid expense.

One solution is the 211k. Buy it from a 3rd party reseller for less than $100 usually. Fee is $7/month (I think), do the one-time $40 EHD fee and you have a single tuner HDDVR without much extra expense.

This is what I did and it works great!

All the outputs are live on the 722 at the same time. If you have access just run an hdmi or component cable thru your attic or crawlspace to the bedroom from the living room. Plug one into the living room tv and the other into the bedroom.

I wired my sisters home this way. The living room tv is plugged in via component and a 70 ft hdmi cable is run thru the attic and into the wall of the master bedroom to that lcd.

My house I have hdmi in the living room and I use cat 6 run to the master bedroom with some component video baluns on each end.

Otherwise get a 211k and pay Dish the one time $40 fee to add your own external harddrive that makes the 211 a dvr.

I have HD on 4 HDTVs by using a couple of powered HDMI splitters from monoprice. Have a 622 & 722. Same channel @ same time from each receiver of course. TV2 is still hooked up on the secondary TVs if independent viewing is necessary, which would be crappy SD.:rolleyes: Works great for us.:)

Ed

All the outputs are live on the 722 at the same time. If you have access just run an hdmi or component cable thru your attic or crawlspace to the bedroom from the living room. Plug one into the living room tv and the other into the bedroom.

So you're saying, I can have the HDMI and component hooked up at the same time on TV1? What about controlling the tuner from the room that the receiver is not in?

Yes you can.

Get another RF remote for tv1 and follow the instructions in the manual or I am sure they are around here somewhere. I don't remember off the top of my overworked head the exact procedure to switch tv 1 to RF but it is easy.

I have 4 RF remotes for TV1 in my house now. My 722 only goes into dual mode if I have guests. When I have guests 2 of the remotes are set to different rf addresses and work tv 2 when in dual mode but work tv 1 too when in single mode. When the 722 is in single mode both rf addresses in the receiver work tv 1.

Yes you can.

Get another RF remote for tv1 and follow the instructions in the manual or I am sure they are around here somewhere. I don't remember off the top of my overworked head the exact procedure to switch tv 1 to RF but it is easy.

I have 4 RF remotes for TV1 in my house now. My 722 only goes into dual mode if I have guests. When I have guests 2 of the remotes are set to different rf addresses and work tv 2 when in dual mode but work tv 1 too when in single mode. When the 722 is in single mode both rf addresses in the receiver work tv 1.

Awesome man, thanks alot for your help in both of my new threads, you have been tremendously helpful!

By doing what you say here, I can have RF for both TV1 and TV2 at the same time? I need to have my tuner in dual mode all the time for the way we use it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)