Wanted: fixed pole mounting accessory for an Orbitron SX-8.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Purrfect

Original poster
Aug 21, 2016
Heilbronn, Germany
Hi!

I hope someone out here might be able to help. I'm looking forward to being able to buy an used Orbitron SX-8.5 dish but unfortunately its lacking the part needed for attaching the spinclination mount tube to a vertical pole. I don't need to be able to turn the dish (like Polarmount or similar) as it's only intended to receive a particular satellite. Maybe someone kept this (spare) part and it's no longer needed or someone could maybe take pictures of it, so I can try to copy it here.

Thanks and greetings from Southern Germany,
Purrfect

Hi!

I hope someone out here might be able to help. I'm looking forward to being able to buy an used Orbitron SX-8.5 dish but unfortunately its lacking the part needed for attaching the spinclination mount tube to a vertical pole. I don't need to be able to turn the dish (like Polarmount or similar) as it's only intended to receive a particular satellite. Maybe someone kept this (spare) part and it's no longer needed or someone could maybe take pictures of it, so I can try to copy it here.

Purrfect

Don't know if it helps but there are some PDFs about SX 8.5 here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3762608/ :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Welcome to SatelliteGuys Purrfect!!!
Hopefully someone here will be able to help.
Have you tried some European forums also?

Hi!

Purrfect

You may want to look here and see if there's anything you can use. Skyvision still has some Orbitron parts available according to their website. May also want to check out Orbit Communications.

Thanks for the heartly welcome, your hints and informations. :) I'm glad to be here.

Mesh antennas have always been very seldom in Germany as almost all channels here use Ku-band and dishes larger than 90cm are rarely used and hard to find. As my wife is a Filipina I try my best to catch channels from her homeland and Apstar-7 on 76.5 degrees East is offering some on C-band. Presently I'm using a 2.4m Irte PFA dish (Italian brand, non-mesh) on my garage but some trees keep on growing into the way now, unfortunately on the neighbors lot. Elevation here is only six degrees! My plan now is putting a mesh antenna (less wind load) on my roof terrace instead, overlooking the trees.

The pdf's are definately useful as they provide lots of photos, thanks. I will contact Skyvision and ask them. Even if I cannot find the original part, I could still try to make a homemade mount. ;)

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)